Potenial new Equinox owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Hey gang,
Just signed up. I am looking on surprising Wifey with a new 2016 Equinox LTZ AWD, for a combo anniversary/Christmas gift. It is time to put her 2003 Trailblazer LTZ to rest.
I signed up to see what others have said about their's, and to see what options are for upgraded wheels. Not seeing a ton of posts showing new wheels though. The 'Nox I am looking at has factory 18" wheels, would like to possible upsize to 19" or 20".
Looks like there is a lot of great info on this site, looking forward to learning about her new ride.
Bill

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Well, done deal. Signed papers today, driving away with it tomorrow.

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Wow, 5 days and not one "welcome". Either site does not get much traffic, or???

pieter

Reaction score
Or?..... Welcome! I know I don't check the forum daily, but let me be the first to say welcome and congrats on the new wheels, hope the wife enjoys them....

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I didn't mean to whine, just found it unusual.
I am giving the Equinox to my wife tonight. Been storing it here at work. I love it, rides great, looks great. I was hoping to get her a set of 20" rims for Christmas, but I think I will just put some pictures of some rims in a box for her, and let her choose. So far I am leaning towards the VCT Abruzzi rims. Was hoping to find more pictures of 20's on the newer Equinox, but not seeing to many on here.
I will post some pictures soon.

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Ok, gave her the Equinox last night, and she loved it!
Now, just need to find the right rims.

BowtieBill

Reaction score
188t-sherrys-new-ride.jpg

Svard75

Reaction score
Nice. Welcome to the fine wine forum. We allow posts to breath a bit before jumping in. JK.
Are 20" going to clear the suspension on our cars? You may need a seriously positive offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Several web sites (including America's Tire, Tire Rack, Carid) allow you to type in your vehicle, and they will show you what fits. In my case, it shows that a 20x8.5 with a 245/45/20, or a 255/45/20 will fit. I think the offset is in the 35mm-40mm range.
One of the reasons I joined this forum was to see what others have done with wheel/tires. I did not find much, though someone did post a pic of their 'Nox with black 20's on it.

Nice. Welcome to the fine wine forum. We allow posts to breath a bit before jumping in. JK.
Are 20" going to clear the suspension on our cars? You may need a seriously positive offset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Several web sites (including America's Tire, Tire Rack, Carid) allow you to type in your vehicle, and they will show you what fits. In my case, it shows that a 20x8.5 with a 245/45/20, or a 255/45/20 will fit. I think the offset is in the 35mm-40mm range.
One of the reasons I joined this forum was to see what others have done with wheel/tires. I did not find much, though someone did post a pic of their 'Nox with black 20's on it.

Welcome to the site! Glad you found us!

Sorry for the slow responses.

Is this the 'Nox in question, here?

Screenshot_2015-07-18-12-05-432_zpscdykyhqp.jpg

If so, I'm running 275/45/20's all the way around.

They are 11.5" wide!

~Brian

BowtieBill

Reaction score
Thanks Brian,
I saw your's on here and the other 'Nox forum afterwards. The first one I saw was the gentleman's silver 'Nox with the black Camaro rims.

One of the rims I am looking at only has a 30mm offset, but the site "Wheelfire" shows that they will fit. Other sites say you need at least a 34mm offset, up to 40mm. Most recommend a 245-45-20, one a 255-45-20.
I plan on staying with a 245.

Thanks for the welcome and the pix.

Bill

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Thanks Brian,
I saw your's on here and the other 'Nox forum afterwards. The first one I saw was the gentleman's silver 'Nox with the black Camaro rims.

One of the rims I am looking at only has a 30mm offset, but the site "Wheelfire" shows that they will fit. Other sites say you need at least a 34mm offset, up to 40mm. Most recommend a 245-45-20, one a 255-45-20.
I plan on staying with a 245.

Thanks for the welcome and the pix.

Bill

I think that's Walter's equinox. There are more people running 20's on my Facebook 'Nox page then on these forums.

Members online