PCV orifice clean-out, drill hole in intake manifold?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TDW1954

Reaction score
Wondering if it's possible to drill a tiny access hole in the intake manifold to allow the straw from a car cleaner can to spray the PCV orifice to keep it open. Of course one would block the hole when not used. I haven't had a manifold off to see if it's feasible but it would be a whole lot easier than removing the manifold to clean out the PCV orifice.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
check out my video on how to correct this problem without having to repeatedly clean out the PCV orifice.

TDW1954

Reaction score
I've seen your mod on YT. Pretty slick I must say. One thing concerns me about it is that it looks like all your crankcase vapors are directed only to the #4 intake. Wouldn't that accelerate carbon formation on those intake valves as opposed to tapping into the intake close to the throttle body?

Where I'm at right now is at 142,000 miles and my OEM PCV system is still working properly. At the first sign that it's not it's going to be time to pull the intake to clean the orifice out, drill it out or do some other mod. Meanwhile I'm being as conscientious as I know how to keep my engine clean inside to prevent that PVC orifice from clogging. Using top tier gasoline with an occasional supplement and oil with known good cleaning properties. I do not have a blow-by issue yet so I have that going for me. My engine got the rebuild with new pistons and rings etc. so I may never see a problem but I've seen so many YT videos of these engines I'm paranoid.

I might do the Seafoam injection into the intake at my next oil change. I don't know if that will reach the PCV orifice though.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
Just know that enlarging the PCV orifice will change the vacuum signal. The PCV orifice is isolated so adding to the intake won't affect the PCV orifice. Trying to add the fitting in any location other than where it's located is a logistical nightmare. and this location shouldn't cause any undue oil deposits in the single intake port. All four of my ports were coated with the residue when I performed this modification. And there is a baffle between the oil cap and the valvetrain. Good luck whatever you choose to do.

TerryL

Reaction score
check out my video on how to correct this problem without having to repeatedly clean out the PCV orifice.
Does the access port need to be placed in the manifold where you placed it or can it be up higher towards the oil cap? Thx

TerryL

Reaction score
Also why not just run it over to the airbox and tie it in with the existing pcv line?

Patsyscloud

Reaction score
Wondering if it's possible to drill a tiny access hole in the intake manifold to allow the straw from a car cleaner can to spray the PCV orifice to keep it open. Of course one would block the hole when not used. I haven't had a manifold off to see if it's feasible but it would be a whole lot easier than removing the manifold to clean out the PCV orifice.
I have 2010 equinox. I have discovered there is a bypass oil catcher you can put on pcv. It catches any kind of gunk, preventing buildup in the pcv.

TerryL

Reaction score
I've seen your mod on YT. Pretty slick I must say. One thing concerns me about it is that it looks like all your crankcase vapors are directed only to the #4 intake. Wouldn't that accelerate carbon formation on those intake valves as opposed to tapping into the intake close to the throttle body?

Where I'm at right now is at 142,000 miles and my OEM PCV system is still working properly. At the first sign that it's not it's going to be time to pull the intake to clean the orifice out, drill it out or do some other mod. Meanwhile I'm being as conscientious as I know how to keep my engine clean inside to prevent that PVC orifice from clogging. Using top tier gasoline with an occasional supplement and oil with known good cleaning properties. I do not have a blow-by issue yet so I have that going for me. My engine got the rebuild with new pistons and rings etc. so I may never see a problem but I've seen so many YT videos of these engines I'm paranoid.

I might do the Seafoam injection into the intake at my next oil change. I don't know if that will reach the PCV orifice though.
Do you still have the info on your piston and ring replacement? Specifically the part numbers? Thx.

Staff online

Members online