OnStar FMV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lenn

Reaction score
Has anyone tried it? I think I'm going to get this and remote start on the Nox for my wife for Christmas. FMV is almost $300 at Best Buy and the subscription is $18 per month. Does that seem high to anyone else?

The system is classic OnStar with towing assistance, crash detection and all of that jazz. It can NOT unlock the car if she locks the keys in it but she can call OnStar and they will dispatch a lock Popper.

I'm mostly focused on the $18 per month. AAA is only a little more than that per YEAR thru USAA.

What's your thoughts?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

08PILOT

Reaction score
Crash detection would be nice, but my $2 a month (unrestricted)
towing is good enough for now and I'm already paying for the XM
so not really wanting it to cost me anymore that it is for now, lol

Lenn

Reaction score
I've decoded to get remote start first and then the FMV. My wife didn't seem too interested in it when I brought it up in casual conversation.

Oh, and to have all the features of OnStar (directions, lockout service, fuel service, etc.) its another $12 per month. It would be $30 total. I'm still weighing the benefit over the cost of the roadside assistance thru USAA which is $30 per year.

I will update again after calling OnStar for details on coverages.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

08PILOT

Reaction score
II'm still weighing the benefit over the cost of the roadside assistance thru USAA which is $30 per year.

That's not bad depending on their coverage, mine is $24 a year
through State Farm for their towing coverage / roadside and it's
unrestricted. (Get towed, I pay the Driver, they reimburse 100%)

Members online