Onboard NAV and current location

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kskruser

Reaction score
Hi all...

Probably a stupid question, but I'll ask anyway...

(My car is a '22 model LT. with onboard nav; no Onstar...)

I live in a newish housing development, not included yet in the onboard nav maps, but GPS works fine. When parked in my garage, nav shows me, correctly a few years ago, out in the middle of a field. Thus my home address is not found.

Question: Is there any way to save my "current location" as a "favorite"? (I.e. use the current GPS location as a favorite?) Remember, NO ONSTAR.

Thanks. -Richard

kskruser

Reaction score
Well, I was right about one thing... it was indeed a stupid question!

After a little more thought, I realized that I was asking for something near impossible - Namely, how could the system possibly navigate the last few hundred feet when the road layout near my place was unknown?

I'll just have to be happy with a 'destination' of an intersection NEAR my destination; one that it DOES know about. Already tried that, works fine.

So, sorry to bother you all with a nonsense question!

-Richard (after a good head-slap...)

zukabaker

Reaction score
Well, I was right about one thing... it was indeed a stupid question!

After a little more thought, I realized that I was asking for something near impossible - Namely, how could the system possibly navigate the last few hundred feet when the road layout near my place was unknown?

I'll just have to be happy with a 'destination' of an intersection NEAR my destination; one that it DOES know about. Already tried that, works fine.

So, sorry to bother you all with a nonsense question!

-Richard (after a good head-slap...)
Not a stupid question. I know on other cars I could just save the location as a favorite and it would save where I was located. I will see if my 2019 will save a location when I am in an open area.

Members online

No members online now.