Oil life

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BHB

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Equinox with 800 miles on it. It has the 4 cylinder turbo engine in it. Th oil life shows 58% life left. Basically used for normal local driving. Is this oil life reading normal?

Cliff

Reaction score
Could be. For any new engine, I usually change the factory fill oil out before 2000 miles anyway to get the break in wear metal particulates out of the motor and get some clean oil in. If you do the same and change the oil early, just reset the OLM and see how it does after that. Who knows, the OLM programming may be doing the thinking for you! I am not a real adherent of OLM methodology, but they might have gotten this one right for you. You will not know until you change the oil, reset the OLM, and see what happens down the road.

Reaction score
It has been my understanding that GM has set all the OLM's to go down to 0% when the vehicle reaches 7,500 miles. This has been true on our 2016 Suburban and a friends Traverse. It will also go by time in that if you don't put the miles on it then it counts down by time so that when a year has been reached it will show an oil change is due. This has been our experience at least.

Members online

No members online now.