Oil life monitor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cavell

Reaction score
I reset my oil life monitor using dash buttons to 100%.
do you still have to turn on ign and pump gas pedal 3 times?
my dash says 100%.
when I shut off rig, the orange wrench/oil can illuminates for 1-2 sec.
this is normal? When dash says 100%?
manual says pump gas 3 times. OR use dash reset?
you have to do both?
why does it tell you how to reset it on dash AND use gas pedal?
it doesn’t literally say you HAVE to do both? Does it?

Last edited:

cavell

Reaction score
The dash display does work. I have a stabilitrak error there occasionally. I just have never seen the oil change symbol there On my torrent. But, I have never gotten below 50% oil life on torrent. Had it over 1 yr and am only at 3k miles. Approx. I DO see the symbol there on the equinox when I shut off the suv. So, that seems odd.

cavell

Reaction score
The equinox is a 2008. my kid said light is off. Via txt. I wanted her to say that the symbol does not flash on/off when she turns off suv.. I’ll ask her today if that means it does not flash when suv is shut off. I drove my torrent yesterday and that lcd square does light up, a full block of color. And yes, the stabilitrak warning came on. Does that every few days. So I know my lighted display works. But I’m at 88% oil life.

Reaction score
Sometimes just disconnecting the Batt an lett'n it sit for 5-10 minutes and reconnect will clear weared stuffo...

cavell

Reaction score
I just saw the oil monitor symbol flash on my 05 equinox. I think I reset it within the last 6 months and I only have a few thousand miles. The 05 does not have a DIC so I don’t have a % oil reading to go by. The 08 equinox is behaving. The orange symbol has not come back on.

Members online

No members online now.