OBS speakers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

prheaume

Reaction score
Do some of you know if the stock speaker are 2 or 4 ohms? I will maybe upgrade the speakers on my truck without changing the HU (see other thread called radio upgrade).

I'm a little bit concerned about what kind of ohms are on the speakers, I don't want to throw 200$ on the speakers and get something worst because my OEM radio can't play them.

If someone ever change speakers with keeping the OEM HU or know the ohms, it will be much appreciated.

thanks

Pascal

Paul79UF

Reaction score
I'd recommend chatting online or calling Crutchfield.

I was surprised by how much they knew when I needed help years ago installing a system.

Ralphwhite

Reaction score
Do some of you know if the stock speaker are 2 or 4 ohms? I will maybe upgrade the speakers on my truck without changing the HU (see other thread called radio upgrade).

I'm a little bit concerned about what kind of ohms are on the
speakers, I don't want to throw 200$ on the speakers and get something worst because my OEM radio can't play them.

If someone ever change speakers with keeping the OEM HU or know the ohms, it will be much appreciated.

thanks

Pascal
installing speakers have always been bit tricky. Have you installed them without changing HU?

Last edited:

VictoriaTownsend

Reaction score
OHMS doesn’t have much effect on the audio quality and when it comes to speakers you should consider about watts.

Robarino

Reaction score
OHMS doesn’t have much effect on the audio quality and when it comes to speakers you should consider about watts.

Certain headunits and amps expect the speakers plugged into them to be within a specific OHM range. OHM is resistance. If the resistance is too high or too low it may affect the output of the amplifiers.

Watts = Resistance x Amps Squared.

OHMs matter.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Certain headunits and amps expect the speakers plugged into them to be within a specific OHM range. OHM is resistance. If the resistance is too high or too low it may affect the output of the amplifiers.

Watts = Resistance x Amps Squared.

OHMs matter.

Yes this is true! Your amplifier may be able to power the sub by how many watts is puts out but if you have a stable 4 omh amplifier with 2 omh speakers, the amp will end up quitting on you.

Members online