No red line on tach ???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheatah faheatah

Reaction score
New to us : 2015 2.4l AWD 1LT Nox 80k miles, Tach goes to 8 with no red or yellow indication at the top end. I'm just looking for a "safe" max to tell my Ole Lady to keep it under when accelerating. She can be a leadfoot, last car was an 05 Grand Prix 3800 V6, so she's used to some good pull @ sub 5k rpm. I don't want her to over rev looking for the same pull. I took it up to 6k on the test drive & that seemed a little much.

Last edited:

cheatah faheatah

Reaction score
New to us : 2015 2.4l AWD 1LT Nox 80k miles, Tach goes to 8 with no red or yellow indication at the top end. I'm just looking for a "safe" max to tell my Ole Lady to keep it under when accelerating. She can be a leadfoot, last car was an 05 Grand Prix 3800 V6, so she's used to some good pull @ sub 5k rpm. I don't want her to over rev looking for the same pull. I took it up to 6k on the test drive & that seemed a little much.
Bump

Members online