No power and engine hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevinbaltes

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2006 equinox LT. 230k miles still drives pretty good OTHER then this issue I’ve had for the past 10k miles. So pretty much the car drives fine, then sometimes randomly (happens almost every time going from 45-50 but sometimes happens going 20-50) the motor will loose all power, car will start jerking / hesitating and won’t accelerate up any hills or even on flat ground and it will hesitate / stutter for 10-20 seconds and then it’ll just stop and run perfectly. Check engine light will always start flashing while this is happening. Almost a good way to describe it is like turbo lag lol, imagine extremely bad turbo lag and the motors just struggling and then BOOM power out of nowhere. I have replaced plugs and wires, MAF sensor, cleaned throttle body, new air filter, deleted the EGR then re installed it after that didn’t do anything, almost positive the cat isn’t clogged, always has proper amount of oil doesn’t leak or burn coolant or overheat. Anyone have any ideas I’m lost! Thank you !

Chowboy

Reaction score
is it throwing any codes? if so, did you try to clear them after the egr delete?

gpachn

Reaction score
I’ve got a 2006 equinox LT. 230k miles still drives pretty good OTHER then this issue I’ve had for the past 10k miles. So pretty much the car drives fine, then sometimes randomly (happens almost every time going from 45-50 but sometimes happens going 20-50) the motor will loose all power, car will start jerking / hesitating and won’t accelerate up any hills or even on flat ground and it will hesitate / stutter for 10-20 seconds and then it’ll just stop and run perfectly. Check engine light will always start flashing while this is happening. Almost a good way to describe it is like turbo lag lol, imagine extremely bad turbo lag and the motors just struggling and then BOOM power out of nowhere. I have replaced plugs and wires, MAF sensor, cleaned throttle body, new air filter, deleted the EGR then re installed it after that didn’t do anything, almost positive the cat isn’t clogged, always has proper amount of oil doesn’t leak or burn coolant or overheat. Anyone have any ideas I’m lost! Thank you !
I've experienced the no power issue with my 2022 with only a few thousand miles. I am driving at about 35 mph, Hit the pedal to accelerate and nothing is there at all. It's like the engine shuts down momentarily. No codes or warning light. Happened a couple times now.

Duckman59

Reaction score
I’m having the exact same problem on my 07. I have 97,000 miles on it. The code reader tells me it’s the cat. Looking to have it replaced or order one and do it myself.

95-007

Reaction score
I had a similar problem that popped up out of nowhere exactly as you described, and it is pretty dramatic as the ECM tries to correct for the issue on the fly. In my case it was a faulty #5 cylinder spark plug wire. I see you changed yours but it may be possible for a marginal coil pack to create this issue as well. Also, there's not much environmental protection for the control cable connector plugged into the right side of the pack, check for corrosion.

Members online

No members online now.