No hood open message on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hlopez503

Reaction score
Remote start wasn't working and read that the hood latch might need to be replaced and I tested to see if it would read when the hood was open and no message would show up so figured it was a bad latch just installed brand new OEM latch with remote start connection and still doesn’t show hood is open on the dash when I open the hood, even disconnected the battery to see if it would reset, any ideas what else I can do is there a fuse or something I should look for?

DennisMc

Reaction score
Remote start wasn't working and read that the hood latch might need to be replaced and I tested to see if it would read when the hood was open and no message would show up so figured it was a bad latch just installed brand new OEM latch with remote start connection and still doesn’t show hood is open on the dash when I open the hood, even disconnected the battery to see if it would reset, any ideas what else I can do is there a fuse or something I should look for?
Take yo butt to a salvage yard an get a new sensor it takes just a few moments to change it out.im acually surprised to see a message like this. do you not own a tool kit? can you even change out a spark plug or do the timing on your vehicle? come on dude. use some common sence alreay

hlopez503

Reaction score
Take yo butt to a salvage yard a get a new sensor it takes just a few moments to change it out.im acually surprised to see a message like this. do you not own a tool kit? can you even change out a spark plug or do the timing on your vehicle? come on dude. use some common sence alreay
Dude take it easy with the butt jokes hahaha….actually do have a tool kit how do you think I installed the new hood latch with the remote start sensor!!! Still doesn’t work that’s why I’m asking what else could be the issue just ordered the connector that hooks up the latch sensor and see if that works…by the way they still have salvage yards? Try eBay, Amazon it’s a blast!! And you won’t have to get your tool kit dirty lol….and yes I can change a spark plug and no I cannot do timing on my vehicle but I know how to spell common sense lol….thanks for your input you made my morning and if you ever loose a tool I got one hanging right here for you to grab buddy

DennisMc

Reaction score
Check the relay itself in the fuse/relay box under the hood. I've had to replace the entire instrument cluster in my 08 Equinox due to certain issues arising with mine an the electrical system.

hlopez503

Reaction score
Check the relay itself in the fuse/relay box under the hood. I've had to replace the entire instrument cluster in my 08 Equinox due to certain issues arising with mine a the electrical system.
Do you remember what it’s labeled under? I couldn’t find anything that would tie in with the hood latch ajar or anything

Members online

No members online now.