No Bull

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
A few years ago I got asked to shoot Youth bull riding.
Made a little money and had a lot of fun.

So the first time I did this all the cowboys told me what to except and how to react to the bulls.
The one guy (Rodeo Clown) was telling me that for the most part all the smaller bulls would be OK but that I would need to watch the senior bulls and I might want to get on the fence when they were in the arena.
Well by the second round I was staying in the arena for them too and I had a few of the cowboys saying that they were surprised that I had done that. By the 3rd event I got to were I could tell what the bulls were going to do and were I needed to be.

Had a lot of fun doing this and would still be doing it if not for having chron's.

Fist up were the really little kids on the sheep.
Talk about having a hard time shooting, I was laughing so hard the camera shake was a problem.

IMG_0111.jpg

From what I could tell they seem to like it.

Then they bigger kids on the small bulls.IMG_0150.jpg

It did not take me long to figure out that they could ride.

IMG_3037.jpg
IMG_3152.jpg

Still got a lot of hard knocks when it went wrong.
IMG_3187.jpg

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Then the senior bulls and the big kids.
The bulls are way bigger and just a bit smaller then what the pros ride.

IMG_3404.jpg

I had to watch this bull, he liked to run around and was a little bit on the mean side.
IMG_3397.jpg

This was my favorite bull, you could stand still and he would just run past you.
IMG_3286.jpg

rbiggers

Reaction score
Wow, those are really great pics! There is no way I'd ever be caught dead near one of those bulls. I have seen some young kids like that ride before and they are amazing!

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Wow, those are really great pics! There is no way I'd ever be caught dead near one of those bulls. I have seen some young kids like that ride before and they are amazing!

Thank you.

I have been chased by Outlaw cars, Pro Mods, ground-shaking
supercharged nitro Fuel Altereds as they tried to come over the gaurd rail. I had 6 Bison run up a hill at me in Yellowstone and had a Siberian tiger run full tilt towards me one time.
Note the tiger was in an enclosure but it will still get your hart racing.
So getting in the arena was not that big of a deal.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
No they do not eat the Rodeo bulls, make to much money off them.
Besides they always have a few cans of beans with them.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
They tried to get me on one and I had to decline the offer.
I seen what happens when it all goes wrong to many times.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah I am sure that my knees would be the first to go... I have had surgery on them both and am in need of 1 more surgery.

Members online