Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Moreside85

Reaction score
Hey guys and gals, I'm Jeremy, some of you may know me from the Facebook site, l am from Saskatoon Saskatchewan.. That's up in Canada eh! Lol.. I currently own a 2012 Chev Equinox 1lt awd 2.4l LEA that I have had for 2.5 years or so now. It replaced a 2011 lt 2.4l LAF that was rear-ended. Our journey has come to an abrupt end when the rear main seal failed from a frozen pcv at -35°C while driving home from work a month ago. Currently looking into rebuilding it for a 2nd time since owning it. I replaced my pistons and rings with a set of forged ones from JE. Also did my exhaust, intake and chipped it with HP Tuners. It developed a chatter before I could shut it off, having an aftermarket stereo made it so I didn't hear the "pop" but instead smelled crankcase fumes which to me was a no brainer being I just blew a seal someplace. It never showed any low oil warnings or engine oil level low shut off engine warning never appeared either.. I also had the Ac Delco FC-219 oil cap that is designed from GM to vent excessive crankcase pressure found in the 4.8l and 5.3l trucks here in the north as a precautionary measure. My question is, Can I v6 swap it to the 3.6L or should I just do a rebuild on the 2.4l again and get it back on the road? Will the chatter disappear or will it need a new crank?? So lost on what I should do with it honestly..

Members online

No members online now.