New member; possible future owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwagoner

Reaction score
I am a longtime Chevy owner ... never personally (not counting my wife's cars) owned anything else (1974 Vega, 1967 Camaro, 1963 Impala, 1973 El Camino, 1991 S-10, 1999 Silverado) ... getting ready for a new car once the car shortage is over. I am looking at the Equinox, though I wish it was made in the US, along with the Ford Escape, which IS made in the US ... I am curious if anyone else considered the two and what made you decide on the Equinox. Figuring I'll get AWD.

ricklack

Reaction score
I got my 2013 Equinox mainly because I have been a Chevy guy all my life and the sparkling black paint looked awesome in the sun with the chrome wheels. LOL

Actually it was the perfect size to make it easy for my disabled wife and I to get in/out of. I liked the V6 and it drove great. The AWD with good snows was a super combo, in the Canadian winters I was driving circles around everyone. I never felt so confident in lousy weather, and I was not an AWD believer until I got one. I almost did not buy the 13 because it has AWD. Turned out to be a great decision as it gave me great service until it got to almost 350,000 km. But I was kind of right, the transfer case was one of the failures it had at the end.

We hated to see it go but that 2013 made me run right to the dealer for a 2022 RS (only model they are currently making). So far we're loving the 22 - time will tell if it is as awesome as the 13. And yes, I got another AWD and a fresh set of Michelin X-Ice. No real bad weather yet but it's been fine in the small snows so far.

Members online

No members online now.