New here. Considering trading my 17 Edge 3.5 for a new Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Blockisle9

Reaction score
My Edge has had 0 issues since new. Now at 75 K miles. I’m being told the Chevy 1.5 has a lot of issues and reliability problems as well as the vehicle it self and to stay away.
I’d like to get some input from actual owners. Thank you

TopHat

Reaction score
Have a 2019 LT, zero problems. 30K plus. Never had to take to dealer for anything other than routine periodic maintenance. Every model, every brand has some outliers with problems, well almost every brand.

With regard to the Edge, depends upon the engine. If you have 3.5 Eco boost twin turbos, it depends if you have the engine with one timing chain or two. Earlier engines had one, and needed work at about 100K on many engines. The single timing chain was insufficient and parts were weak; Ford quietly at some point made it a great engine with 2 timing chains and strengthened parts. I think the engine was redesigned in 2017. That engine if the new one, should last over 250,000 miles maybe a lot more.

Last edited:

2XEquinox

Reaction score
Don’t do it
Have 2005 equinox that the front body mounting points rusted away with not even 150,000 on the odometer.
Then in the other corner I have a 2019 AWD LT it’s just like driving a flimsy box compared to the 05 the headlights are HID but totally junk can’t see at night even with the brights on the material split on the bottom spoke of the steering wheel which was covered under warranty I have 31,000 on it now bought it brand new probably will be lucky to get even 100,000 on it heck didn’t get 150,000 on the 05 I would definitely weigh out your options the 19 equinox is my last GM purchase owned Chevy trucks and cars all my life they would not even consider giving me any assistance on my 05 engine cradle issue that’s a safety condition so I will probably switch to Toyota products heck at least they are built in America

Last edited:

sinbad

Reaction score
I am on my 3rd Equinox/ I get the LT with convenience pkg/ 3 cars onlY thing I did was have oil changed when scheduled. Highway mileage 32 MPG. Took trip to Daytona races, 225 miles each way

Up Cruise set at 75 32mpg
Back- Cruise set at 80 32mpg

beermanjoe

Reaction score
Purchased a 19 Lt for my daughter in October and a 23 Rs almost 2 weeks ago for the wife. They both ride and drive really nice. As far as the headlights ,they are awesome on both. Not sure what the others guys issue is with them. Very bright. You might miss the extra horsepower from the 3.5 v6.

BOZE

Reaction score
I bought a 2020 LT new with the sunroof and loved it, got around 30 mpg with it, no problems, just traded it in for a 2023 Premier, had it for 2 months now and it has a few more ponies than my last one and I can feel it when getting on the highway.

2XEquinox

Reaction score
Premier is nice but way overpriced you spend that much should just go with a traverse

ricklack

Reaction score
I had a 2013 Nox, it was the best car I ever had - 350,000 km when I traded it in on my 2022 Nox RS. New one so far is even better than the old one. A little maintenance goes a long way.

Members online

No members online now.