New guy with a 2007 Poncho Torrent and a parasitic battery draw.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pontyack Torrrent

Reaction score
Hoping for a thread link to ANY and all BATTERY DRAIN or Parasitic draw. My first post in the forums and glad I found you guys/gals.
So I fixed 1 battery draw from the rear wiper motor not being docked at the home position. Great! Pulled the fuse... done!
New draw popped up a few weeks later. NEW battery dead this morning. Remote locks and I left the doors unlocked overnight. I was flushing coolant system last night and gently rinsed areas around the coolant bottle to include the under hood fuse box. It was COVERED. It was dry inside this morning too. However before putting on the battery charger I could hear a faint rapidly clicking noise either underneath or behind the fuse box. Hopefully some of you mechanical (electrical gurus) can help with this stumper! I pulled these fuses from the interior fuse panel also:
POWER WINDOWS
POWER SEATS
and still have a draw according to the battery charger guage that's still fluctuating slightly every 15-30 seconds. That is how I found the rear wiper power draw. Pulled that fuse and no more draw (fluctuating battery charger guage) Thanks for any helpful info out there!

Last edited:

schovil69

Reaction score
The faint clicking noise is most likely a relay. Relays are typically inside the fuse/relay box. If you are still able to hear this noise, pull the relays from the box one at a time until the noise is no longer heard. Hopefully, your issue is this simple to fix and there aren't relays hiding under the box.

Pontyack Torrrent

Reaction score
The faint clicking noise is most likely a relay. Relays are typically inside the fuse/relay box. If you are still able to hear this noise, pull the relays from the box one at a time until the noise is no longer heard. Hopefully, your issue is this simple to fix and there aren't relays hiding under the box.
The initial relay noise was only brief and 20-30 seconds. I was able to touch the top of every relay before the noise faded away. I felt no vibration on any of them. Assuming that I could. Anyway in my other reply to you, the draw mysteriously disappeared! 🙄

Members online

No members online now.