New 2023 Equinox RS owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

805Equinoxhab

Reaction score
Hello I just purchased a 2023 RS and had a question on the Lane change alert with side blind zone alert. I keep getting mixed answers on this...am I supposed to have this feature? When I look at the settings in the car I do not see a way to turn it on. Looking at different site I see yes this was supposed to come standard but I have no idea if that is true? I saw that 2022 there was chip shortages and the dealership was going to retrofit the cars but I do not know if that also includes 2023 models. Has anyone else run into this problem?

ricklack

Reaction score
On the 2022 RS base models they did not have the LCA, LKA, FCA, Adaptive Cruise etc as standard, they were all options at extra cost. Mine has almost all the options, buying in the middle of a pandemic reduces your choices, unless you want to wait.

On the 2023 build site, I see the Rear Cross Traffic Alert & LCA with side blind zone alert is a $235 option. This is on the Canadian site, not sure where you're from. If you have LCA it is always on, there is no button to turn it off/on like the LKA (turn signal stack), FCA (console), Park Assist (console) etc. I would say if you are getting Rear Cross traffic alerts when backing up that you should have LCA. If so, then you need to take it to the dealer as it is not working properly.

I would have paid $235 for the features if it had not been included, I find those features very useful. In fact, my insurance dropped $10 a month less than my 2013 Nox due to the added safety features. That alone pays for the option.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
On my 18, the lane keeper button is on the left side of the steering wheel, to the right of cruise control, and below the heated steering wheel. It displays a car between two lines in green or yellow on the center gauge cluster. The blind spot lights are in the side mirrors, when someone is in your blind spot.

805Equinoxhab

Reaction score
On my mirrors I have no lights on them to warn me there is a car in my blind spot. For some reason I thought the 23 RS came with that standard. It is such a nice feature to have and I assume I can't add that after the fact from the dealership? I saw you can do aftermarket ones but I am not interested in that.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
On my mirrors I have no lights on them to warn me there is a car in my blind spot. For some reason I thought the 23 RS came with that standard. It is such a nice feature to have and I assume I can't add that after the fact from the dealership? I saw you can do aftermarket ones but I am not interested in that.

I am sure it comes down to the chip issue. You can always check with the dealer to see the cost. A good aftermarket system is $500-ish installed. I love the safety features.

805Equinoxhab

Reaction score

I am sure it comes down to the chip issue. You can always check with the dealer to see the cost. A good aftermarket system is $500-ish installed. I love the safety features.
I will check with the dealership it is great feature to have. I have it on my other car and I really like it.

SteveK

Reaction score
I have lane change feature but it only operates steering when cruise control is on. In manual drive the car icon turns orange, but of course you have to notice that since you are watching the road and getting back in the lane. :D

Last edited:

Members online