MyChevy app diagnostic warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanielObi

Reaction score
So I just bought a brand new 2022 equinox LS, currently at 428mi, bought at 198miles. one week into purchase, myChevy app already showing diagnostic warnings like check engine, suspension, brakes, transmission.
I know this should be a fluke because there’s no way a brand new car would have all this problems, unless I got sold a really bad unit, but I was just wondering if this was a common problem? Software update from GM? How do I resolve this?
My Wife and I decided to spend all our savings for a downpayment to purchase a brand new car instead of a used one to avoid costly repairs, and going back and forth to the dealer which is 60miles away from us (we live in colorado mountains, with elevation going up and down and road closures are common) so 60miles might not be alot for some, but for us is a hassle. Like I said, this MIGHT BE A FLUKE, but seeing it and knowing that it’s in my app gives me anxiety because we’ve had badluck with used cars this past few years, and we’re a year away from the first recommended service which is at 7500miles. so my concerns are:

1. Was this a common problem?
2. Is this some part of a software update?
3. How is this resolved?

I attached pictures for reference.
46707A40-DED1-47F1-9D40-BF020735752C.png
7316F732-66A2-45E8-A3A1-2C065D386762.png
Thank you guys.

ricklack

Reaction score
Wow, that's quite a list! If the car itself is giving no warnings, then I would expect those to clear themselves. I recall seeing some odd warnings in the app when I first loaded it, but they all went away, I hope that's the case for you. Sorry, I do not recall what erros there were, it certainly was not as long a list as yours.

If you signed up for Onstar (or if your free trial is still in effect), give them a call and have them run diagnostics on the car, and also report the app is giving (hopefully) false errors and see if they can clear the errors. If they were true errors, Onstar should be alerting you.

Also, if you go onto the my.gm.com, you can check for alerts there as well. Did you sign up for the monthly diagnostic email summary? Without knowing how long you have the car, every month you'll get the email and it would be good to go back and see the history of when these errors started.

I agree it would not be logical for all these to be accurate - but if they are you'll have no choice but to make the trek to the dealer.

Good luck, I hope it's all false errors and correctable in the app.

spaycace

Reaction score
Don't quote me on this, but I feel like this has something to do with your OnStar subscription and whether or not you've activated your free trial and/or are a paid subscriber. I purchased a CPO 2019 nox and if I recall, had some of the same "errors" pop up the first time I accessed the vehicle in the app. Back before these new displays, you used to be able to refresh the data manually, but now, it still shows the data from whatever the last time it connected to the vehicle was. I don't like the "upgraded" app, honestly.

spaycace

Reaction score
I just looked at the OnStar app for my 2018 Cruze, and it showed alerts for everything, except OnStar. While I was sitting in the car, ironically checking for codes, and the low battery warning (I believe the message on the DIC said battery saver mode entered) came on. So, did you by chance have your vehicle in accessory mode for a while, listening to the radio or something? There were no codes displayed by my code reader, so maybe your battery is low? Just a thought …

Voyager

Reaction score
So I just bought a brand new 2022 equinox LS, currently at 428mi, bought at 198miles. one week into purchase, myChevy app already showing diagnostic warnings like check engine, suspension, brakes, transmission.
I know this should be a fluke because there’s no way a brand new car would have all this problems, unless I got sold a really bad unit, but I was just wondering if this was a common problem? Software update from GM? How do I resolve this?
My Wife and I decided to spend all our savings for a downpayment to purchase a brand new car instead of a used one to avoid costly repairs, and going back and forth to the dealer which is 60miles away from us (we live in colorado mountains, with elevation going up and down and road closures are common) so 60miles might not be alot for some, but for us is a hassle. Like I said, this MIGHT BE A FLUKE, but seeing it and knowing that it’s in my app gives me anxiety because we’ve had badluck with used cars this past few years, and we’re a year away from the first recommended service which is at 7500miles. so my concerns are:

3. How is this resolved?

View attachment 1654
View attachment 1655
Thank you guys.
I also have a new 2022 with a little over 500 miles on it now and no issues with the Onstar report. Mine is all good. I would either call Onstar from within the vehicle and let them check it or call your dealer. Probably a glitch.

Feroce

Reaction score
You are lucky I bought a NEW 2021 Equinox Premiere in Jan of 2021. The the odometer had 3867 miles on it. The sales man said it was driven around the dealership. I called GM and they told me that vehicle was put in service four months before I bought it. So I lost 4 months and 3867 miles off my new warranty. I have bought at least 2 new cars every 3 years since 1971. They lied to me. No more GM.

Feroce

Reaction score
You are lucky. I bought my NEW 2021 Equinox Premiere in Jan of 2021. It had 3850 miles on the odometer, they told me it was driven around the dealership. I called GM and found out that my car was put into service four month before I bought it. So I LOST 3850 miles and four month off my warrantee . This was SOLD as a "NEW car". I have bought a new vehicle and some times two every 3 years since 1971. They did not tell me that it was used for a lowner for people that had there vehiclec in for service

3. How is this resolved?

View attachment 1654
View attachment 1655
Thank you guys.
What is ALBUS vehicle report?

spaycace

Reaction score
You are lucky I bought a NEW 2021 Equinox Premiere in Jan of 2021. The the odometer had 3867 miles on it. The sales man said it was driven around the dealership. I called GM and they told me that vehicle was put in service four months before I bought it. So I lost 4 months and 3867 miles off my new warranty. I have bought at least 2 new cars every 3 years since 1971. They lied to me. No more GM.
GM didn’t lie to you, the dealership did. If I stopped buying vehicles from brands because dealerships lied to me, I’d have to buy motorcycles or a Tesla.

Members online

No members online now.