Mpg question

I just bought a used 2018 equinox premier AWD with only 35k miles. I don't have it in AWD mode at all yet and I'm only getting 250 miles to the tank of gas. Everywhere I read said I should get at least 360+ to the tank. Am I wrong or is there something wrong with it? Please help

NOX4ME

All Wheel Drive means just that: It drives all four wheels, all the time. There is no ON/OFF for this.

waltham41

Sorry but the awd can be turned on and off. I have a 2018 equinox lt awd with the 1.5L turbo and have 38000 miles on it. I get anywhere from 350 to 420 miles per tank depending on my driving habits. I generally keep my foot out of the carb so to speak.
What engine do you have and what are your driving habits?

AWD simply means, "A Waste of Dollars"!
Just jok'n but anytime one adds weight and roll'n resistance to a ride guess what...yup...lower MPG...
IF the concern is MPG an $$ IMO the best op is all Lectric, trust me, can't beat it in town but DON'T EVEN think 'bout hitt'n da road wit a 100% EV, nogonnahappen...! Jus say'n...

Sorry but the awd can be turned on and off. I have a 2018 equinox lt awd with the 1.5L turbo and have 38000 miles on it. I get anywhere from 350 to 420 miles per tank depending on my driving habits. I generally keep my foot out of the carb so to speak.
What engine do you have and what are your driving habits?
I have the same engine as you the 1.5 turbo. I drive 90 percent highways to and from work during the week about 30 miles each way. So I should be getting pretty decent mpg. I've filled up three times since getting it last week my best so far is 326 to the tank. I keep it mostly at 70 mph cruise control.

I have the same engine as you the 1.5 turbo. I drive 90 percent highways to and from work during the week about 30 miles each way. So I should be getting pretty decent mpg. I've filled up three times since getting it last week my best so far is 326 to the tank. I keep it mostly at 70 mph cruise control.
Sorry a week and a half ago I got it

mechanicbudd

All Wheel Drive means just that: It drives all four wheels, all the time. There is no ON/OFF for this.
The Chevy Equinox has a switch that allows you to disengage the all-wheel-drive and just use the front-wheel-drive I had it in my 2018 and now in my 2021.

Voyager

The Chevy Equinox has a switch that allows you to disengage the all-wheel-drive and just use the front-wheel-drive I had it in my 2018 and now in my 2021.
I wonder if this is only for the newer models. To the best of my knowledge, my 2011 has no such switch. I can turn off traction/stability control, but I am not aware of a way to turn off AWD. Where is the switch for the AWD disable located?

Members online