Motorola Droid Bionic! New Droid Smartphone!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Here is a photo of the Bionic that I took with my Droid X before I switched the memory card...

2011-09-08_21-54-43_1.png

Here is a photo of my Droid X1 that I took with my Bionic.

2011-09-09_00-28-55_752.png

There are a ton of new features than I am used to since the last phone. If I ignore a call a screen pops up and you can select from ac couple pre texted options to send out to the person that you just ignores the call from. Like "I will call you back in a couple minutes". Kinda nifty if you ask me..

When I start my day at 6am and going to bed at 12a I still have 40-50% Batt life left... My old phone would have been dead...

I still have my options for HDMI out... But now I can record videos and take photos in 1080p.

I like it a lot.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Cool... Just found out my Mother in law got a Bionic on the 8th too.

She says she is so much happier over that stupid iphone... Even though part of that frustration was a user issue. I know what she means. :lol:

She likes how much easier the Bionic is to use and how everything works like it should in comparison to the charge of which she gave to her oldest son. :lol:

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Have you ever had an iphone? How is the Bionic better?

Yeah I have had a 3GS. I liked android better because it is more customizable. Most of the apps that I get on Android are free and half of those free apps you have to pay to get on the iphone.
But they are apps that I need. I loved my X and I rooted it. It was a really good running phone... My wife uses it now.

I was about a inch away from getting a iPhone 4 at one point but the reviews on the construction of the phone bothered me. There is a glass back and the reviews say that it can crack in the cup holder of your car.

I am a landscaper and am pretty ruff on phones... I am on my 3rd Moto Android phone and they are still good to go...

iPhone still has there programs that still lock up. I feel like Android has passed them by and will only get better from here.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Yeah I have had a 3GS. I liked android better because it is more customizable. Most of the apps that I get on Android are free and half of those free apps you have to pay to get on the iphone.
But they are apps that I need. I loved my X and I rooted it. It was a really good running phone... My wife uses it now.

I was about a inch away from getting a iPhone 4 at one point but the reviews on the construction of the phone bothered me. There is a glass back and the reviews say that it can crack in the cup holder of your car.

I am a landscaper and am pretty ruff on phones... I am on my 3rd Moto Android phone and they are still good to go...

iPhone still has there programs that still lock up. I feel like Android has passed them by and will only get better from here.

Good info. I'm still torn between an android and iphone. I've been offered a free iphone 3G to try out. Might give it a shot for a month and then go from there......

rbiggers

Reaction score
I sure can use some free stuff right now. I'll finally be able to try the bluetooth in my truck and also the OnStar app. I wish the Nox had bluetooth.....

oleg1981

Reaction score
i have Iphone 3GS jailbraken and cotumised from bottom to top. widget and so on. its the best phone i had for the years but thinking now to swith to android because of OBD2 scan tools.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
lol. The last non smartphone phone I hat was water proof... Cool right??

Now they have cases that make your smart phones water proof.

I couldn't go back.. I have gad mine since 08. I think. Maybe 09

rbiggers

Reaction score
Just having facebook and twitter on my phone is blowing my mind, let alone the music. Sad, I know.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I use mine for tethering so I can go online through my phone.

Before when I was on 3g my phone would test around 7-8mps and teathering would be like 1-3mps...

Now on 4G I am connecting at 28mps and can tether connect on the pc at about 20-24... I have yet to get really close to a tower.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Don't some of the new GM vehicles have this tethering ability? Which is basically just wifi in your vehicle, I guess.

Members online

No members online now.