Metal on the front?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

12nox

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals, I was cleaning all the wonderful bugs off the front of my white Nox yesterday (LOL) and noticed this contraption on the front with two holes. I see two toe hooks as well which I like incase I will ever need a roll back tow. But these two holes have me confused and thought I would check here first to see if you all knew what this thing is? I thought maybe it was either a brush guard attachment or something to tow with like behind an RV?

Thanks Jon

attachment.php

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 42

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Did you buy your Equinox used?

My first guess would be an attachment that would allow you to pull it behind a RV. I don't think that there are many accessories that would allow you to put some type of brush guard on the front.

mswerb

Reaction score
Is it connected to the frame? If it is I'm going to say it's for towing as well. If not, who knows?

12nox

Reaction score
I will get under it and check with my back heals. Got 7 cortizone shots today so it might be a few days. lol. I would love to find the original owner (the dealership wouldnt tell me) and find out.

Camaro69car

Reaction score
Those are for tow bars. Most likely your vehicle was towed behind an RV... YOU GOT A TOAD! lol. (nickname for vehicles towed behind RV's)

randylutz

Reaction score
I know you've got enough people telling, but yep, it's for tow bars. Still not such a bad thing to have just in case.

Reaction score
Check to make sure they are connected to the Frame. I was search'n for some Front Tow Hook for a 2011 "nox" and ran across some that were just bolted to the Radiator frame, not really worth a dam for towing IMO. I ended up fabbing a set outta square 1 1/2 Tube bolted to sub frame an extended a 18" flat 1 1/2X1/4" stock thru front Facia/bumper cover. Looks an works perfect.
However, I upgraded to a 2019 nox an now dontchaknow the Front sub-frame is Tube and formed in a way that its gonna be a challenge to fab something suitable for towing, but I'm on it.

Members online