Lumen replacement LED bulbs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carid

Reaction score
The incandescent bulbs haven't really developed that much in the 140 years they have existed, while the development rate of LEDs is very rapid, with LED performance being doubled every 36 months, a development rate that is similar to the fast pace of computer development. There is no doubt that the future of automotive lighting belongs to the LEDs. What is LED? LED is short for Light Emitting Diodes. This is a form of transistor, doped with a substrate that emits light when current is applied. The LEDs have a number of advantages over incandescent lighting that are very attractive for automotive use:

- They are very insensitive to vibrations
- They last for the life of the vehicle (does not apply to headlight LEDs yet)
- They can be baked into moisture proof casings to be installed in all kinds of harsh environments
- They light up much quicker than incandescent bulbs
- They are extremely compact
- They can be made to emit different colors
- They run cool
- They give more light per supplied watt than incandescent light bulbs.

All these was combined in LED bulbs, made by Lumen. To read more about this brand and check all featured products, you can visit this page: Lumen Off-Road Light Bars, Day Running Lights & LED Bulbs at CARiD.com
Their high-quality replacement LED bulbs and first-rate sealed off-road lights are designed to upgrade and customize all exterior and interior light sources on your vehicle. The mirroring that the large number of compact transistors within an LED bulb creates is a sparkling, jewel-like effect that's dazzling to the eye, no matter what color light is produced. Their ability to illuminate two-tenths of a second quicker than traditional incandescent bulbs pays dividends that can save your life on the road. Lighting up a fifth of a second faster allows motorists behind your vehicle to see your braking or turning actions quicker. Check all the types of bulbs, available for your vehicle with this link: Chevy Equinox LED Lights & Replacement Bulbs at CARiD.com

plazma-led-bulb.jpg

9005-plazma-2.jpg

lumen-replacement-led-bulb-lighted-white.jpg

Also make sure to check the led bulbs comparison here.

What do you think about these LED bulbs?

carid

Reaction score
TheDarkKnightKnox, because LED bulbs produce a brighter, cleaner, more attractive light for exterior and interior lighting compared to standard incandescent bulbs. They are available in several degrees of brightness, and color temperatures from 3000K to over 7000K, from yellow to bright white to blue. A typical LED will operate for 50,000-75,000 hours, more than the life of the vehicle to which it is attached and far longer than the typical 1000-2000 hour lifespan of a halogen bulb.LEDS rise to full intensity approximately 200 milliseconds (0.2 seconds) faster than incandescent bulbs, or about 10 times faster.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
TheDarkKnightKnox, because LED bulbs produce a brighter, cleaner, more attractive light for exterior and interior lighting compared to standard incandescent bulbs. They are available in several degrees of brightness, and color temperatures from 3000K to over 7000K, from yellow to bright white to blue. A typical LED will operate for 50,000-75,000 hours, more than the life of the vehicle to which it is attached and far longer than the typical 1000-2000 hour lifespan of a halogen bulb.LEDS rise to full intensity approximately 200 milliseconds (0.2 seconds) faster than incandescent bulbs, or about 10 times faster.

I appreciate the information. I upgraded all of my interior lights, back up lamps, and license plate lamps with LEDS in 2012. I tried to upgrade my fog lamps with an H11 style LED replacement lamp however even though the Color of the light is whiter then incandescent it did not have enough Lumens (Brightness) to shine down the road i couldn't even tell they were on when my headlights were on. There is a reason why they only offer these type of H11 replacements only as Foglamp replacements.

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
I ordered some to answer your question! Figured I could try them out!

Good luck, curious what you think.

I've looked into potential LED options for Headlamp replacement which is the same H11 bulb. I've found one potential solution at 2100 Lumens per bulb it has all the great parts of HID and doesn't have the negative of the price and overheating. Check it out. If you don't mind $200 for a pair i'm thinking of getting these come spring of 2015.

ORACLE H11 LED Headlight Replacement Bulbs - ORACLE LED Headlight - Fog & DRL Bulbs - ORACLE Automotive Lighting Products

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Well here are the before's and afters Halogen Bulbs vs LED.

Halogen

IMG_20141028_201727388_zpszpetl6gv.jpg

LED

IMG_20141028_204810060_zpsjxw8qzbr.jpg

Halogen

IMG_20141028_203415081_zpsltka6ega.jpg

LED

IMG_20141028_204619296_zpsngwodiqh.jpg

Halogen

IMG_20141028_201854830_zpsefcvsy8o.jpg

LED

IMG_20141028_204930901_zpszocxrmvu.jpg

And yes, the fogs are on in that last photo! Disappointing!

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Now you know why they only offer the H11 replacement as a Fog Lamp Option...

I take it you put the originals back in and sent the LEDS back?
Put the originals back in, yes!

I was expecting to have $33+ in miniature paper weights, didn't think they would take them back but I'll see if they will.

Members online