[Long Post. 6 Questions]Brand new Equinox owner Many questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OklahomaHoss

Reaction score
So I've always only ever owned cars that were 15 and 20 years old. I always just save a couple or 3 grand and bought a used cheap car outright, fix whatever needs fixing myself, and have never had a car newer than 2000.

But with a very lucrative new job about to start that will require me to have a reliable and professional looking vehilcle I found a 2013 Equi LT with the 4cyl engine with very low miles and in great condition.

I absolutely love it, but of course being so new and "advanced" compared to the previous cars I've had, it does things that confuse and ultimately concern me and I want to make sure isupposed to be doing it.

Here are my questions, numbered for your convenience.

1. When I have the radio playing and get to my destination, I turn off the engine and remove the key...and the radio keeps right on playing...until I open the drivers side door. Is it supposed to do that? Don't get me wrong, that's a very cool thing and I like it.

2. When I used the key fob to unlock it, only the drivers door seems to unlock and nothing else. I figure this is probably a security feature. If it is, is there a way to unlock all door at once? Specifically the rear "hatch" like when you're coming out of the grocery store. I don't really care if the door opens automatically (would be cool if it did) but just to be unlocked would be cool.

3. One girl I was speaking with who owns a 2014 Chevy Malibu (and who, by extension, has the same MyLink system) siad that you can actually watch vidoes off your phone (such as youtue or Netflix apps, I assume) on the little screen, and using the Equi's speaker system for audio. Is this true? How do you do it?

4. Regarding the backup camera, it doesn't seem to have the "guide lines" on the screen when it's displaying whlie you're in reverse. Is there a way to show them?

5. When the radio is playing a particular station (100.3 Jack FM, here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area) the words "Blue Cross Blue Shield" show persistentlly across the screen and don't go away. Other radio stations don't do this, just this one. So I'm not sure what's up.

6. I figured out how to remote start it, but of course the first step in doing that is remote locking it. I don't seem to be able to unlock it while it's running after I've remotely started it, so that I can get in to a nice, cool, running car and just drive off. I think this also might be a security feature. I think probably I'm not supposed to be able to actually unlock it while it's running, but rather shut it off, then unlock it, get in, insert my key, then leave. But I thought I'd ask anyway.

So again, sorry for the long post. Any info is apprectiated.

Thanks guys.

LurpyGeek

Reaction score
So I've always only ever owned cars that were 15 and 20 years old. I always just save a couple or 3 grand and bought a used cheap car outright, fix whatever needs fixing myself, and have never had a car newer than 2000.

But with a very lucrative new job about to start that will require me to have a reliable and professional looking vehilcle I found a 2013 Equi LT with the 4cyl engine with very low miles and in great condition.

I absolutely love it, but of course being so new and "advanced" compared to the previous cars I've had, it does things that confuse and ultimately concern me and I want to make sure isupposed to be doing it.

Here are my questions, numbered for your convenience.

1. When I have the radio playing and get to my destination, I turn off the engine and remove the key...and the radio keeps right on playing...until I open the drivers side door. Is it supposed to do that? Don't get me wrong, that's a very cool thing and I like it.

2. When I used the key fob to unlock it, only the drivers door seems to unlock and nothing else. I figure this is probably a security feature. If it is, is there a way to unlock all door at once? Specifically the rear "hatch" like when you're coming out of the grocery store. I don't really care if the door opens automatically (would be cool if it did) but just to be unlocked would be cool.

3. One girl I was speaking with who owns a 2014 Chevy Malibu (and who, by extension, has the same MyLink system) siad that you can actually watch vidoes off your phone (such as youtue or Netflix apps, I assume) on the little screen, and using the Equi's speaker system for audio. Is this true? How do you do it?

4. Regarding the backup camera, it doesn't seem to have the "guide lines" on the screen when it's displaying whlie you're in reverse. Is there a way to show them?

5. When the radio is playing a particular station (100.3 Jack FM, here in the Dallas/Fort Worth area) the words "Blue Cross Blue Shield" show persistentlly across the screen and don't go away. Other radio stations don't do this, just this one. So I'm not sure what's up.

6. I figured out how to remote start it, but of course the first step in doing that is remote locking it. I don't seem to be able to unlock it while it's running after I've remotely started it, so that I can get in to a nice, cool, running car and just drive off. I think this also might be a security feature. I think probably I'm not supposed to be able to actually unlock it while it's running, but rather shut it off, then unlock it, get in, insert my key, then leave. But I thought I'd ask anyway.

So again, sorry for the long post. Any info is apprectiated.

Thanks guys.

1. It is supposed to do that. It's a feature, so be glad you like it.

2. One push = unlock driver's door. Two pushes = unlock all.

3. I've never tried.

4. I don't believe the guide lines you are talking about are a feature on this system. I know other vehicles have them, but mine doesn't.

5. The issue is with the radio station's data tags, not with your vehicle.

6. I haven't played with remote start much. Yes, you have to lock it to start it, but I am then able to unlock and get in normally. However, when I have done this, the AC compressor isn't engaged when the vehicle is remote started anyway.

ricklack

Reaction score
Got my 2013 2LT ISC V6 yesterday ..... there are settings in the config menu that allow you to change the door lock/unlock settings when you use the FOB, check that out. If you don't have a manual you can download one from Chevy in pdf. Get the Infotainment manual as well. I downloaded them so I could get familiar before I got the car.

It was warm yesterday and when I came out of Costco I remote started it (just to try it) and the AC was blowing and car was cool. I have Auto climate so possibly that could be a difference. Again, there are settings regarding the AC in the config menu, I need to get a chance to mess with it.

My backup camera has no lines either.

There are many other options in the config menus, take the time to check that out.

Members online

No members online now.