ISO - 2018 Equinox Roof Rails

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18nox

Reaction score
I've had my 2018 2LT for 4 months now and nowhere can I find the 2018 Equinox 2 Pcs Aluminium Roof Rail Roof Rack Side Rail Bars.

GM does not have them, Amazon does not have them, every google search I do there doesn't seem to be anyone selling them anywhere.

Did I make a mistake by not allowing my Sales person to "Upsell" me to the top tier package that offered them from the factory? There's mounting points on my roof (link to pics) where they could be mounted, so I assume they can be mounted.

I researched on Amazon and did find these gems: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073S55X24/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_8?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AMUMI1OCRQ2W5..... HOWEVER, once I reached out to the seller (KPGDG), they informed me that:

By KPGDG SELLER on July 7, 2017
Question:
Are the rails chrome plated and do they have same specs as the OEM part?
Answer:
The set of roof rail is made of Aluminium and they have the same space as the OEM part. Just Paste by the glue, No Drilling Installment When install them.

By CUSTOMER on August 25, 2017
Question:
Is there an install hardware kit? Are nuts and washers included to install the rails?
Answer:
There no bolts on this kit, only D/F tape. If your car has the black roof plates installed these rails won't work.

If anyone knows where they can be found (GM or aftermarket) please post here for all to see.

kastner03

Reaction score
the factory side rails don’t mount to the base plates on you’re vehicle. they make specific cross rails to fit you’re vehicle that done use front to back rails, they just bolt down to the roof. dumb that gm did it that way but it also makes it a lot cheaper for people to add a roof rack more than likely that’s why you don’t see them for sale anywhere yet,, they only fit vehicles that orig came with them so the only ones they need to have for sale at that point are for wreck repairs and i doubt that’s a high demand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kastner03

Reaction score
b0a44b41c45fdf4cd9f2fbc94ff0d8ca.jpg252b441aedf60b9beb30737d4721efd5.jpg these are the cross rails to be used when you don’t have side rails

18nox

Reaction score
2018 Equinox Roof Rails

Thanks for the info... Those are not exactly the style I was going for but someone else looking here may be interested. I guess I'll get inline for a wreck or a part-out from my local bone yard.

Maybe one day there'll be enough requests that GM reproduces them and offers them up at an inflated cost.... Actually I believe that the aftermarket will have them long before GM... IMHO.

the factory side rails don’t mount to the base plates on you’re vehicle. they make specific cross rails to fit you’re vehicle that done use front to back rails, they just bolt down to the roof. dumb that gm did it that way but it also makes it a lot cheaper for people to add a roof rack more than likely that’s why you don’t see them for sale anywhere yet,, they only fit vehicles that orig came with them so the only ones they need to have for sale at that point are for wreck repairs and i doubt that’s a high demand

kastner03

Reaction score
Thanks for the info... Those are not exactly the style I was going for but someone else looking here may be interested. I guess I'll get inline for a wreck or a part-out from my local bone yard.

Maybe one day there'll be enough requests that GM reproduces them and offers them up at an inflated cost.... Actually I believe that the aftermarket will have them long before GM... IMHO.

i would take some real good measurements before you buy used ones at a junk yard (unless you’re junkyard allows you to return stuff ).... there was a guy on another forum who had posted about this and apparently the roof is made different for the ones that have pre installed roof rails and that those rails won’t fit on one what wasn’t factory equipped.
Personally i don’t see an aftermarket company making them because there really is no reason for them to. the factory already makes a relatively low priced option.
A whole rail system plus the cross rails would cost upwards of $1000 compared to the $225 for factory rails that just bolt on

my 2018 has the factory installed rails and my big complaint is that they aren’t adjustable. the cross rails bolt in one spot and that’s it. it’s not an adjustable track system like on the previous generation

the factory cross rails also sit up pretty high and a lot of people are complaining about that but it seems necessary bc the panoramic sunroof goes up on top of the roof when open so the added clearance is needed

kwOH

Reaction score
Also was looking into the roof rack, my LT only came with the pads, think Im going to colormatch them and the sharkfin.

Members online

No members online now.