iPod Bluetooth Stereo On Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sparkynox

Reaction score
Hey All. New here. I'm able to use my IPhone 3GS to make/accept calls hands-free with the buttons on the steering wheel on my new 2011 Equinox, (said no thanks to OnStar's "minutes" plan), but I've been unable to play music wirelessly. (but I can do so when connected via USB or AUX jack). I want to be able to open the iPod on my iPhone, and have it play over my vehicle's soundsystem just as it does my phone.

As you might guess, the phone and the car are paired. Further, I know my request is doable, because because one morning after my trip to work, I hung up the phone after a conversation with my wife, and the iPod began to play over the car's stereo system. Infact, when I tried to turn off the phone's iPod, it said, "Device Connected" on a screen on the phone which I had never seen. I'm just stumped as to how to make this happen NOT by accident! LOL.

Anyone have some advice for a new Equinox owner? Thank you!! :)

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I honestly did not know that was possible but it seems like it is!

I would look through the device list as I thought mp3 players or something like that was in the menu..

I know that when I had my ipod touch I liked using my ipod chord and having everything integrated into my radio. I think that I have something like that on here in a video...

I know with my Droid X I simply just use my auxiliary cable and plug it into the jack found in my center console.

Some others will chime in who have similar devices for pairing. As soon as they stop partying that is... :p

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Never been able to get my touch to work that way, I just use the usb cable.

And I have been helping friends fix their roof after all the high winds the other day. No partying this weekend for me.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Good friends and they have helped me out a lot in the past.

msp

Reaction score
Hey All. New here. I'm able to use my IPhone 3GS to make/accept calls hands-free with the buttons on the steering wheel on my new 2011 Equinox, (said no thanks to OnStar's "minutes" plan), but I've been unable to play music wirelessly. (but I can do so when connected via USB or AUX jack). I want to be able to open the iPod on my iPhone, and have it play over my vehicle's soundsystem just as it does my phone.

As you might guess, the phone and the car are paired. Further, I know my request is doable, because because one morning after my trip to work, I hung up the phone after a conversation with my wife, and the iPod began to play over the car's stereo system. Infact, when I tried to turn off the phone's iPod, it said, "Device Connected" on a screen on the phone which I had never seen. I'm just stumped as to how to make this happen NOT by accident! LOL.

Anyone have some advice for a new Equinox owner? Thank you!! :)
I know your post is from a few years ago, but I am wondering if you ever figured it out. Bluetooth works for both calls and gps, but I am trying to get music and podcast without having to plug in and can't get an answer anywhere

TheDarkKnightKnox

Reaction score
If your Equinox radio is not a MYLINK radio you will not be able to use bluetooth for music.

This is one thing i wish i would of known when they started adding MYLINK as a $500 add on option in 2012.

Members online

No members online now.