Intermittent and simultaneous abs and traction control lights started flashing 2006 EQ.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HOLLANDER

Reaction score
Hello,

My 2006 EQ. w/ 126,000 relatively reliable has had new belts, new plugs & plug wires, brake system flush and new wheel end bearing assemblies. There are 11 months of use on the auto zone W.B.s with probably less than 1,000 miles and new tires.

So, my intermittent simultaneous traction control light & ABS light started flashing. There were NO chiming. The engine DID NOT die. In fact I could throw it from drive to park and shut of the car and then restarted it, the instruments went thru their usual lite ups routines and my ABS and Traction control warning light went back to normal ie., dark. Auto Zone will exchange for a new set till this march 2022. but can anyone help me understand this recurring issue. thanks in advance

Duckman59

Reaction score
Hello,

My 2006 EQ. w/ 126,000 relatively reliable has had new belts, new plugs & plug wires, brake system flush and new wheel end bearing assemblies. There are 11 months of use on the auto zone W.B.s with probably less than 1,000 miles and new tires.

So, my intermittent simultaneous traction control light & ABS light started flashing. There were NO chiming. The engine DID NOT die. In fact I could throw it from drive to park and shut of the car and then restarted it, the instruments went thru their usual lite ups routines and my ABS and Traction control warning light went back to normal ie., dark. Auto Zone will exchange for a new set till this march 2022. but can anyone help me understand this recurring issue. thanks in advance
I had the same issue, it was my drivers side rear wheel sensor, it worked sometimes for days in a row, then it wouldn’t, finally had a friend hook up his expensive code reader and confirm which wheel it was. Went on online and got one for 20.00, put it on, all the Christmas lights on the dash board went off. Went along for a month,
Now my check engine light is on indicating the cat converter is bad.
I’m sick of this electronic crap. Give me a distributor cap and some points. I can always get home and never have the Christmas tree lights come on again.

95-007

Reaction score
Similar problem on my '05. In my case it turned out to be front passenger wheel speed sensor pigtail rubbed through the outer and inner insulation on thousands of full suspension flexes over the years. lamp indications like yours when one of the conductors touched ground from time to time.

95-007

Reaction score
Hello,

I had a similar problem that occurred when I would turn right and into a steep driveway that caused a bit of flexing of the front suspension. It cleared with a freesh start-up but returned under flexing again. For unrelated reasons, I had the front and rear hubs replaced at 200k miles just because and the trouble came back immediately, never to clear. My ODBII reader said it was the right front sensor or wiring, so I took the wheel off. It turned out that the sensor wire on the body side of the sensor connector had been rubbing the suspension assembly and one of the wires was intermittently shorting to that arm. During the R&R of the right front hub, apparently the mechanic didn't notice the wear on the underside of the cable and also in flexing, the final wire strand opened causing the permanent alarm(s). I soldered 2" of extra length to that section and shrink wrapped first the individual wire conections, then the whole new length to protect from moisture. Works perectly now with no return of trouble.

Members online