Ignition Key Stuck Cannot Start Car

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rcchevy

Reaction score
Can't remove ignition key, it will no come all the way back to off, just moves between acc and start. Have lifted the front of the car and moves the steering wheels to each extreme but key won't come out.

Shifter stuck in park. Have pushed the Equinox about 4 inches forwards and still cannot operate key nor shifter. Looked up Torque Lock in owner.s manual and followed all the instructions.

Kind of desperate right now as one of my windows is down.

2008 Equinox AWD.

jmarzo

Reaction score
Hi
Having the same problem with my 2008 Equinox.However if I wait 10 to 15 seconds or so I hear a click like a relay or a solenoid actuating.I can then turn the key to OFF and remove it.Have you or anyone else found out what the problem was?

mswerb

Reaction score
My 2007 doe this every once in a while. Try pushing the key in, and then turning it to the off position.

jmarzo

Reaction score
My 2007 doe this every once in a while. Try pushing the key in, and then turning it to the off position.
My problem is intermittent also.I tried what you said.It didn't work.I even tried squirting lubricant into the lock opening.Didn't work either.There seems to be an abnormal time delay,15 seconds or so,after which I hear something click,probably the ignition lock solenoid.This allows me to easily turn the key to off.

c927hris

Reaction score
If the battery is dead it locks your key. Jumpstart your car and remove it if it is dead.

lyoung4379

Reaction score
Can't remove ignition key, it will no come all the way back to off, just moves between acc and start. Have lifted the front of the car and moves the steering wheels to each extreme but key won't come out.

Shifter stuck in park. Have pushed the Equinox about 4 inches forwards and still cannot operate key nor shifter. Looked up Torque Lock in owner.s manual and followed all the instructions.

Kind of desperate right now as one of my windows is down.

2008 Equinox AWD.

Members online

No members online now.