How often do you wax?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbiggers

Reaction score
Just wondering how often everyone here does a complete wax job on their vehicles. I've been waxing 2 to 3 times a year with spray wax in between. But I'm thinking of doing it more often.

Opinions? I guess it also kind of depends on your weather, too. We have really harsh summers, so I probably need to wax more often. :buffer:

08PILOT

Reaction score
Last time I waxed it hurt like a B!tch :ROFLJest:

I only do mine once a year. :waytogo:

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
I do it 3 times a year and now that some of the new car wash soap has wax in it I am doing it every time I wash LOL

rbiggers

Reaction score
I know some people who hand wax once a month. There is no way I could do that. I just don't have enough free time to do it that often, especially with a third member of the family on the way. I'm thinking hand wax once every 3 months and spray wax in between will be good enough. That may be overkill to some, but the wax just seems to wear off quickly out here.

BLKTorrent

Reaction score
It all depends on if your vehicle sits outside most the time or in a garage or parking ramp. If it's outside then I would suggest doing it every 3 months and 6 months for a garage vehicle. Whenever you do wax, make sure to do a strip wash and clay after. I use mostly Adam's products so I'll put some APC in with the soap or some people will just use dish soap. Either way will work.

briando

Reaction score
Well to get your chevy waxed once a month you need to remember this very important lesson. That is why God gave us neighborhood kids and kool-aid. farm the labor out. my son has friends, and they're still the age where a couple bucks is a lot of money. oh how wide their eyes will get when they start buying gas someday

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
LOL
Nice way to get cheap slave labor:lol:

Wax once a month, once Upon a Time you had to wax once a month, that was as long as the wax lasted.
With this new stuff they have now your probably good for 6 months to a year.

Once a month with polish is going to be bad and a lot of people do not understand the difference between wax and polish.

1sLoY7

Reaction score
I wax once to twice a month. Its usually after every other hand wash and I use "The Black Box". That is the best wax I have ever used on black. Then in between washes I use Ice spray detailer. My wife thinks I am nuts but she grins more than a opossum ****tin' a peach seed when I am done.

AngelJessy

Reaction score
I wax my car twice a year.I think once in six month is ok to wax the vehicle.

bowtieman

Reaction score
I have gotten so lazy , it's been about a year since buying the Nox and I haven't waxed it yet!! Eeek !!Shame on me I know. Funny how about 10years ago I used to wax my trucks almost every month lol now just got burned out I guess. I am to stubborn to let anyone else wax it since I think they will scratch it or something Haha

mswerb

Reaction score
I wax mine once every 3 months, with a spray wax in between. I keep my vehicles freaky clean and love the freshly waxed feel of a vehicle. With all of the products available now, washing your car is almost a thing of the past. Water=rust. There are a lot of waterless wash products, you just need to find the right one.

3fingers

Reaction score
I don't use wax products, but sealant and I do apply it once a year. Just maintain it with quick detailer regularly.

Members online