Hi! I'm new here & I own a 2014 Equinox LS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chery68

Reaction score
I had the Catalytic Converter and CO2 censors changed this last weekend. Engine light went off and everything seemed to be ok. Yesterday on my way home from work, my engine light came back on. I plan on taking it to my mechanic after work today so he can hook up the computer to see what's going on but i thought i would throw this out here to see if anybody else has had this happen to them.

Last edited:

NOX4ME

Reaction score
you don't mention what code is showing up. I've had intermittent engine lights for either lean or rich condition. We've found that it has something to do with the fuel injectors. I've been adding, Redline Complete Fuel System Cleaner to the fuel every quarter, and it seems to keep it in check. Add it to your tank prior to filling up then use a good first tier fuel. Take it up on the turnpike or freeway then drive it at a constant speed for at least 20 minutes. Then drive the vehicle normally. My light just goes out and stays off.

Chery68

Reaction score
The codes are P0131 & P0171. They both have something to do with the catalytic converter & oxygen censors that I just had replaced.

Members online

No members online now.