Hi All, I'm new here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ImNewHere

Reaction score
I bought a new 2020 Equinox on December 30th last year in Elizabethtown KY after having a tie rod end break on my 2006 HHR at a truck stop near there and getting told it was a 2 week lead time for a repair. I needed something AWD anyway due to living where there's a lot of lake effect snow and crappy winters. The one I got is an Equinox LT, in black, with some extra packages on it, and AWD. I would have gotten one with the 2.0 but they didn't have any and I kind of needed a car, so I got the little 1.5.

It does better than I though, and certainly gets better fuel economy than my HHR with the 2.4. It is also more roomy too, but doesn't quite have all the features my HHR has. Still, I like it.

Well, I guess an introduction is in order. I have a 2020 Equinox, a 2006 HHR, I do astrophotography as a hobby, I work field service for Honeywell, I live near South Bend, I'm male and 44 years old, and I am a big nerd who is into anime and I split the cats in my house with my roomie who is also a big nerd who is into cats and is a girl who knows more about comics than anyone I can think of.

I did take it to a Chevrolet dealer near me and the service manager came out and gave me a whole talk about how regardless of what the oil life shows I absolutely must have it in ever 3 months or 3,000 miles for a service if I want the engine to last. I told him I used to be an engineer at Cummins (I was) and I knew a bit about oils and all that (I had to for what I did there) and he doubled down on that. I am not sure I want to take my new car back because frankly what he said was a load of BS. He said the oil life monitor doesn't really mean anything and because the engine is so small and turbocharged I would risk failure by not following his advice. I would agree not to run it to 0, but changing it around 65%?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.