Help with trailer wiring…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JGutta

Reaction score
I have a 22 equinox rs and am about to install a hitch receiver and had a question about the trailer wiring. I’ve never towed anything before and it’s kind of overwhelming. I’m not sure if I have the factory tow package or not and no one from the dealership seems to know either. There was no factory installed hitch but the factory wiring harness is there. I’ve been looking at the curt 56429 but it says it requires factory tow package. I have the connector there and it looks plug and play but I’m not sure. Does anyone know what wiring harness part number I need? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hey Vern!

Reaction score
Hi J,

Towing isn't that bad. Take some time and practice in the parking lot. If your e-nox didn't include the factory towing package, your rear bumper may not accommodate that hitch. you may need a hitch that mounts below the bumper, like this one from e-trailer.

CoolDad

Reaction score
I have a 22 equinox rs and am about to install a hitch receiver and had a question about the trailer wiring. I’ve never towed anything before and it’s kind of overwhelming. I’m not sure if I have the factory tow package or not and no one from the dealership seems to know either. There was no factory installed hitch but the factory wiring harness is there. I’ve been looking at the curt 56429 but it says it requires factory tow package. I have the connector there and it looks plug and play but I’m not sure. Does anyone know what wiring harness part number I need? Thanks in advance for any help.
2020 Premier AWD. I hooked up the harness and tested the power, it has power when the lights are activated. I do not have the relays in the rear compartment but there are fuses. I have yet to tow with it but since it has such a low tow capacity, any trailer will most likely have very low power draw.

Members online

No members online now.