Help! My Equinox keeps dying!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

comp

Reaction score
well i guess any would work fine but some will come back and say genuine gm brand. i use parts form all brands and sometimes it bites me in the keister
all the GM ones i check are china,, there are different styles ,,,i ask because i have seen Toyotas NOT like bosch at all

comp

Reaction score
Thanks. It seems to be getting better a little bit at a time, with less hesitation at stops so maybe it is burning through the last of the old gas.

BTW, anyone here recommend a good injector cleaner in case some bad gas did gum up the system?
seafoam,,,lucas,,,tectron, are my 3 go to first

Rotwiler

Reaction score
Thanks. It seems to be getting better a little bit at a time, with less hesitation at stops so maybe it is burning through the last of the old gas.

BTW, anyone here recommend a good injector cleaner in case some bad gas did gum up the system?
I like rislone hyper fuel cleaner has multiple products in it, is good for a initial clean. Then for maint about every 6 months I use gumout multi system cleaner.

corvairbob

Reaction score
one of the guys on the car fix fourm said any cleaner that has b12 in it. i think he mentioned chemtrol with b12 these guys are either working techs at various dealerships or retired techs and that question went around last week

if you have an adapter to connect to the fuel rail before teh high pressure pump you might try just pumping the tank dry and then refilling with 5 gallons to get you back teh a station, that pumps the bad gas into a gas can that may just work in the mowers. i had that this spring i got bad gas in the s10 and it had misfires up the ass and so i connected up to the fuel rail and let the fp pump out the gas until it stioped pumping and then pt in 5 gallons from a different station and all was good.

i do not know about where you live but gas has injector cleaner in it by law around here, also as we get the additive for water in the gas as well. in michigan anyway. good luck

Members online

No members online now.