Help!!! 2011 nox ltz leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99camaross

Reaction score
we had a heavy rain this past thursday and when i opened the door saturday morning i got hit with a smell of a rotting corpse from my car. i originally thought one of the kids left some food laying around but couldnt find anything. i removed the driver side front mats and found the floor soaking wet. i checked the remaining mats and found the same soaking floor in the passenger rear. i checked all the sites for equinox leaks but could only find the situation in older models. is anyone having this issue or heard of anyone with this problem?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I don't know of anything about this of yet... I would suggest taking it back to the dealership and make them figure it out...

When did you get it? I saw your other post... I would ask them flat out to give you a new one... Seems like they forgot to put this one together correctly...

Sorry that these things have happened to you!

99camaross

Reaction score
thanks....it will be making its way back to the dealer in the next couple of days. ive had the vehicle since last December and haven't had any real issue until recently. i just broke 16,000 miles.

Georged1

Reaction score
we had a heavy rain this past thursday and when i opened the door saturday morning i got hit with a smell of a rotting corpse from my car. i originally thought one of the kids left some food laying around but couldnt find anything. i removed the driver side front mats and found the floor soaking wet. i checked the remaining mats and found the same soaking floor in the passenger rear. i checked all the sites for equinox leaks but could only find the situation in older models. is anyone having this issue or heard of anyone with this problem?
I had a 2010 with the same thing, wet floor when it rained . Had it at the GM dealership twice to no avail. Got it line and searched and finally found the same problem and the fix...I purchase a tube of GE 100% silicone, opened the hood and between the driver side strut tower and the firewall is where my leak was. I was able to pump enough silicone in that area to seal and stop the leak. You could remove plastic trim below the windshield for better access. Good luck
George

TARDIS B

Reaction score
Try a good body shop or mechanic. They should have the equipment to search for water leaks. Dealerships don't, and usually have a guy come in on certain days to do this kind of work.

Gmcdean

Reaction score
There is a drain at the back of your motor centre underneath. It looks like a spout. There is a notice on this part. It gets full of dirt and needs to be cleaned out. Google your cars info plus the problem and a youtube video will show you what to do. The part is inexpensive to replace orbyou can just keep cleaning it out

Gmcdean

Reaction score
I had a 2010 with the same thing, wet floor when it rained . Had it at the GM dealership twice to no avail. Got it line and searched and finally found the same problem and the fix...I purchase a tube of GE 100% silicone, opened the hood and between the driver side strut tower and the firewall is where my leak was. I was able to pump enough silicone in that area to seal and stop the leak. You could remove plastic trim below the windshield for better access. Good luck
George
It's to do with a small drain at the back bottom of the motor. Google it on YouTube it will show you. Easy fix

Gar

Reaction score
There is a drain at the back of your motor centre underneath. It looks like a spout. There is a notice on this part. It gets full of dirt and needs to be cleaned out. Google your cars info plus the problem and a youtube video will show you what to do. The part is inexpensive to replace orbyou can just keep cleaning it out
I have done that as well. When clogged it can cause wet rugs when the A/C is run as well.. Best to clean it out at least once a year.

Members online