Headlights going out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bucgirl00

Reaction score
2014Equinox
One headlight went out 2 weeks ago, 4 days later, the second went out. High beams, running lights & fog lights still work. I thought the timing was strange because I was in a crash about a year ago and one of the headlights had to be replaced so they are not the same age. I replaced both headlights at the same time and they worked fine.... Until this morning, I noticed my driver's side headlight is out again. Any ideas?

TARDIS B

Reaction score
Possibly Bad bulbs. Happened on my wife's car. Used Sylvania bulbs and only lasted a few months. Usually get years out of them.

mechanicbudd

Reaction score
Headlamps should always be changed in pairs if one goes the other one will usually go out within weeks or months. You also want them to maintain similar brightness. If they are halogen bulbs or any bulb being replaced in a headlamp housing do not touch the new bulb wear rubber or plastic gloves. Your fingers have oils on them when these oils get on the bulb they cause hot spots that will burn out the bulb prematurely. The new bulbs should easily last a couple of years.

Bucgirl00

Reaction score
The mechanic believes the wiring harness needs to be replaced. Apparently the whole bumper has to come off in order to do this.

Members online

No members online now.