Head Gasket Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azglenn45

Reaction score
2014 2.4
Looking for a head gasket replacement guide haven't found a good one on Google yet any advice is appreciated.
I have read dropping the engine is recommended. ???
TIA for reading.

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
It's likely you will require more than just a head gasket if the engine has stopped running g. At the least, you should have the cylinder head checked for being flat/need of milling as well as vacuum tested to see if any valves were bent due to a timing chain failure (likely). Whe head is off it's an excellent time to replace water pump and rear timing set.

corvairbob

Reaction score
if your going to do a head gasket and it has 150k on it think hard about a timing set and water pump plus seal on the pulley end.

if you go for a timing set look up cloyes they do gm oem and they let you enter the vin so you can get the timing set. plus i would do the phasers and the solenoids. but the solenoids can actually be done later if needed, just take them out clean them good and put back.

also make sure you clean the pvc port real good as that causes lots of issues in itself. if it is starting to use oil and you have the head off look good look the cylinders for damage. and if your handy and can get teh valve spring off do the valve seals. also do the t/s as that is in the back siide and you have to be in the area for a head gasket anyway. keep us posted. if you do this i can send Yt for the timing for you. good luck

Members online

No members online now.