Got a new Droid.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
There ya go.

DroidX.jpg

As for the review:

I like it.

If I was an iphone user like some of my friends have said. As soon as there contract is up they are getting this phone...

This will actually tide me over till the Droid Bionic comes out which should follow the release of the ifail 4...

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
That's better.

Cool looking phone, looks big.

What happen to the smaller is better when it comes to phones?
I still think about getting a Droid, just not sure.
Wish I could test drive one like you do with cars.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I actually wanted the bigger screen but there are smaller options like the Droid 2.
droid-2-review-1.jpg

I had a iphone 3g and I quickly learned why droid was a better pick for me.

Droids by far the most Customizable of all smart phones.

Droids don't cost $300 with no insurance. But I am wondering if there will be insurance on Verizon. I doubt it though.

Droids stand up to me beating them up! Since I am a landscaper I can put a phone through crap The Iphone 4 is made up of mostly glass and has cracked in a cup holder of a car.

The list could go on but those were the big ones for me.

Z_Ghost

Super Mod
Reaction score
Hummm
Things to think about, like I needed more.
I will say my iPod has taken a beating and is still going strong.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hummm
Things to think about, like I needed more.
I will say my iPod has taken a beating and is still going strong.

Oh yeah I am with you on that. The older 3gs phone are pretty tough its the iphone 4 that has glallss all the way around.

godrdop9

Reaction score
I wanted the DROID X as well.Best Buy had the Incredible for free with a 2 year renewal so I bit. Promotion was free phone Friday because last October had 5 Fridays in it.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
That is a really good phone as well I hear. I know a couple of people that have one and the phone out lasts the cases that holds it.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
They won't tell me yet. But I know a few people that have messed with it and its going to be legit!

Dual Core processor... Which means that it will kick arse on the 3G and it will blow your mind when the 4G LTE is local...

prheaume

Reaction score
old thread revival! With the job, I had the four type of phone : droid, windows, iphone and blackberry.

Maybe it's because my LG was a little piece of crap, I was not impress by the phone. Impress by droid, a lot.

Right now I'm with an iPhone, I will maybe consider droid for the next one. The wife have a blackberry, nice phone also. But you can't have any apps with the wifi, need to get a data plan. Was the same for the iPhone, I say was because I have it without a data plan. I have wifi at home, at work, and almost all my friends have wifi network. Don't see the reason to pay a high bill for data, you have to know that in Canada we have one of the highest rate for the monthly cellphone charge.

prheaume

Reaction score
the lowest plan is 60$ to get 500mb of data, no display of caller, no voicemail, 150 min of local call. .15 cent by text message in or out.

Right now I'm having a plan with unlimited text messages, 150 min local call, unlimited with 10 number that I choose for 35$ with no data.

oleg1981

Reaction score
i'v got pretty good deal from FIDO. i called them in the end of my contract and told that i want to switch to the telus. they asked why? i told that i have some people to call really often. and that telus is giving 5free numbers. the person told just a second! after he came back this is what he had for me.
55$/month
200minutes local any time
2000minutes night and evenings.
1GB DATA
FREE Rogers and Fido calls.
Unlimited incoming calls
caller display.

prheaume

Reaction score
I know what you mean. But I'm talking about the regular plan, not the ''we want to keep you here'' plans lol

Cellphones providers are like that. They charge you a lot and when you say something they reduce the fees. that is why I have a regular plan and don'T want to pay for the big plans, thanks wifi!

I'm looking for something like that for the tv, internet and phone at home. I'm with Videotron. I have a wonderfull service, but at each 5-6 month they send a letter saying '' to help us provide to you the best service we have to increase your monthly charge for the internet for 3$ '' .

This is not the big deal, but in 2 years, my bill went from 135$ to 155$ per month.

I have unlimited phone call in North America, voice mail and caller display, 20 channels with HD, the famous 5$ for a second TV, extreme high speed internet with 100gb data limit (wich I bust almost every months lol ).

I'm affraid to see what kind of plans you have in USA, I'm sure I will get something better with the 155$ per month I pay right now

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
That's terrible. I know that the new plans here are more then ever! But you can get a deal for double the data with 4gb's for $30. At that price you normally get 2gbs...

I on the other hand have had data from day one so our plan is unlimited data for $30 a month.

I recently upgraded my text and calls to $100 a month for unlimited anywhere.

So for 2 phones on data @ $30 each and a 100+10 to add a line and insurance I am at $175 a month

Members online

No members online now.