Fully Machined Zero Mile 2.4 Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
I rebuild these 2.4 Ecotec engines here in Las Vegas. I use the updated GM pistons and rings to help combat the oil consumption issue. I use all GM bearings, gaskets, seals, etc. The cylinder head is fully refurbished including valve stem seals, guides, valve job, 16 valve lash adjusters (lifters), and milled. The new parts list includes at least:

4 new updated GM pistons
Updated GM piston rings
Main bearings
Rod bearings
Polished crankshaft
Block machine honed
Refurbished cylinder head (valve job, valve guides, stem seals, milled)
16 new valve lash adjusters (lifters)
Front & rear timing sets (guides, gears, tensioners, chains)
Water pump
Head gasket
Rear main seal
Front main seal
Valve cover gasket
Timing cover gasket

I can install or sell engine outright.

I have Ecotec engines for most models and years from 2000-2017. Just contact me with your application need. I have federal emission and California emission available.

Warranty included.

TerryL

Reaction score
I rebuild these 2.4 Ecotec engines here in Las Vegas. I use the updated GM pistons and rings to help combat the oil consumption issue. I use all GM bearings, gaskets, seals, etc. The cylinder head is fully refurbished including valve stem seals, guides, valve job, 16 valve lash adjusters (lifters), and milled. The new parts list includes at least:

4 new updated GM pistons
Updated GM piston rings
Main bearings
Rod bearings
Polished crankshaft
Block machine honed
Refurbished cylinder head (valve job, valve guides, stem seals, milled)
16 new valve lash adjusters (lifters)
Front & rear timing sets (guides, gears, tensioners, chains)
Water pump
Head gasket
Rear main seal
Front main seal
Valve cover gasket
Timing cover gasket

I can install or sell engine outright.

I have Ecotec engines for most models and years from 2000-2017. Just contact me with your application need. I have federal emission and California emission available.

Warranty included.
Just a question. Did the new updated pistons and rings solve the oil consumption problem? I still have issues with my 2010 and am waffling between replacing the head ( valve seals/guides leaking) and replacing the pistons. Care to provide the piston and ring part numbers? Thx in advance..

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
No, unfortunately they do not. They do help at first, but once the rings wear in, the oil consumption returns. I have started using over-sized pistons with all my rebuilds now. Only done 6 this way, but so far the results are positive. 8K on highest mile rebuild and its not using oil. It has conventional 5W30 since installation. I have found that synthetic is just to "slippery" and rings take longer to seat. The conventional seems to allow rings to "bite" much sooner.

TerryL

Reaction score
Ok thx. Weird that oversize would fix it but not standard. Just doesn't make any sense engineering wise. Curious, what's the price on a 2010 2.4 engine?

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
No, not weird, the original bores become "out-of - round" and the new rings/pistons simply can't full the gap correctly

comp

Reaction score
are these rebuilds using the GEN 3 block ???

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
AL the cores I use are from 2010-2015 GMC Terrain and Chevy Equinox

Uluz2a6

Reaction score
2010-2017 block s are interchangeable. If really care, you can machine the engine that's in it now and keep all same

Members online

No members online now.