Equinox - Head Gasket Sealers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChevyNox06

Reaction score
About a week ago, my wife mentioned that the heat was not working in our ’06 Equinox. (no overheating & no white smoke). I took it to 2 mechanics, one mentioned a clogged heater core, another mechanic is thinking head gasket.

When I got back, I reversed flushed the entire system with Blue Devil Flush. Might’ve flushed it too good, car is definitely showing signs of a blown head gasket now: white smoke & overheating after driving 30mins. I’m eventually going to replace the head gasket when the weather gets better in IL.

We probably drive 15-20 miles/day. Can I temporarily get by till March/April by using one of the head gasket sealers?

Has anyone used and/or recommend:
+ BlueDevil Head Gasket Sealer
+ BlueDevil Pour-N-Go Head Gasket Sealer
+ Bar's Leaks Head Seal Blown Head Gasket Repair

Thanks!

LJAPsfzRuv_NiHP4VuloJJJZoir2t3llgd6m8_lVg&usqp=CAc.jpg LjHUz-RlWGBON566VBgyfJ65MnS9R3eCv5zB-mZPa&usqp=CAc.jpg nlX_g0oOP1UN3R2pBMLbykMO2wb-6MfRkiQf6N1fk&usqp=CAc.jpg

cavell

Reaction score
It’s easy to disconnect hoses at transition from hose to steel line near plenum. You don’t have to unhook them at firewall. Then you can flush out the core with ease. But your overheating problem was worse after flushing so perhaps the head gasket finally let go? If you use sealer now, you might have issue in future with plugging the heater core. So you will have to fix head gasket and unclog heater core.

Members online