Equinox 2005 bumper to a 2009

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gabxter101

Reaction score
Hi is it possible to switch an equinox 2005 LS bumper to a Equinox 2009 SS bumper?

From this:
used_2005_chevrolet_equinox_ls_100103028266749252.jpg

To this:
x08ct_eq001.jpg

Gabxter101

Reaction score
Are you on facebook by any chance?

Hi, yes. I am on facebook. Is it possible to use this bumper on a 2005 model? do i need to do some modifications?

The headlights assembly are the same size from 2005 to 2009 they did not change & if that didn't change then neither did the hood. Maybe the fenders are the ones that need modification?

Please let me know asap :) Thanks

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Hi, yes. I am on facebook. Is it possible to use this bumper on a 2005 model? do i need to do some modifications?

The headlights assembly are the same size from 2005 to 2009 they did not change & if that didn't change then neither did the hood. Maybe the fenders are the ones that need modification?

Please let me know asap :) Thanks

I think the switch is doable and there is a guy on my Equinox Facebook page that will have all the answers for you. HE is not a member of this site but I thought it would be just as easy for you to join the FB page so he can help you out!

I'll approve your request to join the Chevy Equinox forum on FB!

Later

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
HE has done this modification personally and he would be able to tell you if it would work or not for your year model.

Gabxter101

Reaction score
Awesome! thanks, give me the link to the Facebook page so I can join. :favorites13:

Cupcakesavage

Reaction score
Follow up

Did you ever end up making the swap? i was curious about this too and only found the fenders to be different. Let me know i'd like to do the 08-09 SS bumper swap as well.

Members online