Engine shake in idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

testdis

Reaction score
Hey all. Trying to get some suggestions regarding problem with 2.4 2011 Nox. The engine is idling very rough after a trip on the highway. The engine shakes every so often and the RPM's will fluctuate. This ONLY happens when stopped and idling in drive (at red light). In park or neutral the issue doesn't exist. No power loss and runs fine otherwise. Spark plugs, VVT solenoids and most recently the timing chain was changed. No error codes being thrown. Mechanic can't come up with any other ideas. Any ideas to assist a fellow NOX owner. Thanks all! Jon

comp

Reaction score
it did it at three straight red lights today,,thought it would pop a code,,,,nope,,, hit the a/c button didnt do it till i had to turn back on,,,i think it is the idle air valve needs cleaned on mine,,,,,70k

Fabiliz_5

Reaction score
If no error codes and not shaking on N or P, maybe a motor mount?

Gmcdean

Reaction score
I saw something on YouTube a while ago about that very issue. Don't have a link for u. Sorry. You should do a search though

comp

Reaction score
I saw something on YouTube a while ago about that very issue. Don't have a link for u. Sorry. You should do a search though
fogged the intake with about 1/3 to half a can of seafoam again,,,only stumbled one time this morning,,Hmmm,,also gave the PCV port a little spray again,,,changing oil tommorow ,,i have drivin about 100 miles to day and it SEAMS smoother lol,,,maybe wishful thinking but less stumble for sure

danjo86

Reaction score
fogged the intake with about 1/3 to half a can of seafoam again,,,only stumbled one time this morning,,Hmmm,,also gave the PCV port a little spray again,,,changing oil tommorow ,,i have drivin about 100 miles to day and it SEAMS smoother lol,,,maybe wishful thinking but less stumble for sure
You ever get it fixed? Having the same issue

Members online

No members online now.