Engine power reduced

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tele-trucker

Reaction score
2012 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4. Engine power reduced and stabilitrac message. Scanned codes. P0016, p0089, p228d fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pressure too high. A lot of people said they had this message, cleaned the throttle body and it was fixed. I cleaned throttle body. Started the car and it ran rough for 10 to 15 seconds and died. Now car will not start. Obviously not throttle body issue. The part on the fuel rail that looks like a fuel regulator is called a high pressure fuel pump. Seems that the regulator if there is one is in the tank with the main pump. Weird design. I don't want to buy parts that I don't need. If the fuel pressure is too high it seems that the high fuel pressure pump is working or it would be too low. Any ideas.

turoacosta

Reaction score
Hi Tele-trucker,

Did you solve your problem? I am experiencing similar problems.

turoacosta

Reaction score
2012 Chevrolet Equinox 2.4. Engine power reduced and stabilitrac message. Scanned codes. P0016, p0089, p228d fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pressure too high. A lot of people said they had this message, cleaned the throttle body and it was fixed. I cleaned throttle body. Started the car and it ran rough for 10 to 15 seconds and died. Now car will not start. Obviously not throttle body issue. The part on the fuel rail that looks like a fuel regulator is called a high pressure fuel pump. Seems that the regulator if there is one is in the tank with the main pump. Weird design. I don't want to buy parts that I don't need. If the fuel pressure is too high it seems that the high fuel pressure pump is working or it would be too low. Any ideas.
Did you solve your problem? I am facing similar problems.

Members online

No members online now.