Engine Code 219-A

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I recently had a check engine light pop up on my 2013 Chevy Equinox LS with a 2.4L Ecotec engine.
I brought it to my local Chevy dealer to sort out the problem.
I was there about 3-1/2 hours before getting the diagnosis that the lean condition was caused by my K&N Air Filter!?
They said it was allowing too much air to get into my engine causing a lean condition . . . that was the first diagnosis.
Then they came back with I had a vacuum leak and I needed to replace my intake manifold. I think GM technicians are getting dumber by the day.
Of course these were both ridiculous accusations as the idle rpm wasn't increased, the performance really wasn't affected, and there were no telltale hissing noises coming from the engine.
Just to be sure I did the carb cleaner test all around the gasket area of the intake manifold and the throttle body mounting area. No changes in RPM.
I did some research and found that this engine has a history of carbon build up around the injectors.
I added a bottle of Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner then topped off the tank with some premium fuel. I drove the vehicle for about a week and a half with the check engine light shining brightly.
Then one evening -- just a few days ago -- I was pulling out into traffic. I hit the accelerator hard to get up to speed when I heard what sounded like a "POP" and then like magic, the check engine light was gone.
I would suggest that if you get a code 219-A that you try this -- before spending your hard earned money for a diagnosis that won't correct the problem.

Members online

No members online now.