Engine blown 2017 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mnocero

Reaction score
Our 2.4 L engine just blew last week. Less than 95,000 miles on it. Mechanic said that there are major issues with this engine. We can’t even get a rebuilt engine till middle of February.

comp

Reaction score
what let go? run outta oil?? valve train ??

mnocero

Reaction score
Mechanic said this car model had major issues with burning oil and engines blowing, said it was not our fault but a GM issue

comp

Reaction score
Mechanic said this car model had major issues with burning oil and engines blowing, said it was not our fault but a GM issue
ya i check mine every time i fuel,,,,just bought timing set to get Ahead of that problem

jimmyblueyes

Reaction score
Yea our 2017 with 80,000 just blew up too, was also told it was not our fault but we have no warranty. they want 9,000 to put a motor in it and we owe 8,000 on it .

Ejloh

Reaction score
Our 2.4 L engine just blew last week. Less than 95,000 miles on it. Mechanic said that there are major issues with this engine. We can’t even get a rebuilt engine till middle of February.
Welcome to the poor design by Chevy. Mine blew at 97,000 miles. No signs of an issue. Cold weather came thru froze the pcv line which blew out rear main seal. Not happening on California engine or V6 engines. Issuing a recall would bankrupt Chevy. Better to screw the consumer then themselves.

mnocero

Reaction score
Unfortunately true. But I will never buy another Chevy so they lost a customer for life.

Members online

No members online now.