Electrical Problem 2013 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bskarda

Reaction score
Hi all. New guy here. Question for you...Our 2013 Equinox was driven to store working fine, came out and would not start. Dash lights working but nothing from turning key. No starter clicks etc. Tried jump start, nothing changed. Took it to a general service place. They said the battery had a steady drain and battery had a dead cell, 10.8 amps. Since it was old anyway OK'd putting in new battery. Still no change, same symptoms. Guy checked every fuse, relay and could not find the source of battery draw. Suggested Body Control Module and to bring it to a dealer. Dealer has had it for several days and can't answer why it is drawing . Said it is not the BCM however. Has anyone experienced such a sudden, mysterious no start issue?? Thanks!

Daveman

Reaction score
I have a 13 LT 2.4 equinox & this happened to me several years ago same symptoms, replaced battery, still nothing. It ended up being the key fob, I replaced it and started right up. The car battery was fine even after had it tested and was told it was bad but what I was told was the key fob battery died setting off some stock security features preventing the car from trying to start. I still had power to various things in the car but just wouldn't crank or turn over. I just joined forum and seen this post while I'm still learning to navigate, thought I would share my experience with you although I'm sure it's already been resolved with your car.

Daveman

Reaction score
Hi all. New guy here. Question for you...Our 2013 Equinox was driven to store working fine, came out and would not start. Dash lights working but nothing from turning key. No starter clicks etc. Tried jump start, nothing changed. Took it to a general service place. They said the battery had a steady drain and battery had a dead cell, 10.8 amps. Since it was old anyway OK'd putting in new battery. Still no change, same symptoms. Guy checked every fuse, relay and could not find the source of battery draw. Suggested Body Control Module and to bring it to a dealer. Dealer has had it for several days and can't answer why it is drawing . Said it is not the BCM however. Has anyone experienced such a sudden, mysterious no start issue?? Thanks!
What did the issue end of being ?

ricklack

Reaction score
Dave, dealer spent a lot of hours, lots of failed modules. After a week he said, call insurance we think it got hit by lightning. Adjuster agreed, car totaled under comprehensive insurance claim. Ugh!!
I'd see if you could work a deal to buy it back and then try a key fob!

Daveman

Reaction score
I'd see if you could work a deal to buy it back and then try a key fob!
😂😂 I needed that laugh thanks , going thru some rough times right now much appreciated.... And I'm over hoping for lightning to hit mine so I dnt have to deal with it anymore 😄 jk. Have a good evening thanks

Members online