Driver Window & Door Ajar Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bpopilek

Reaction score
I am the proud owner of a 2019 Chevrolet Equinox LT. I have owned this car for almost 3 years now, and it’s been a pretty rock solid vehicle. With that being said, this past week, it recently developed a problem with the driver door.

Initially, my driver door ajar warning was intermittently working. I tried lubricating the latch and moving it back-and-forth several times with a screwdriver. After that, it seemed to work for about a day. However, the next day, the door would only report that it was closed all the time. Nothing I tried would get it to say otherwise. I even tried a brand new latch from the dealership, but that had the same result.

At the same time the door ajar issue appeared, I started having a problem with my driver door power window. It too started working intermittently for no apparent reason. The window, when it would work, went up and down quickly with no issues. So I don’t believe the window regulator is bad.

I purchased a month of access to Alldata, and tried tracing the door harness wiring. Every wire I checked with a multimeter had good continuity to the main door harness connector. So, I tried looking at the schematics some more. I might be wrong, but it appeared to me that the door open/close trigger goes through the window switch module. Is this really true and could I just have a bad switch? All of the other features of that switch work as expected. I spent 3 hours tracing wires on Saturday, and really don’t want to do that again. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Bpopilek

Reaction score
I figured out the problem and thought I would at least share my results in case someone else runs into the same issue. Looking at the schematic a little further this evening revealed that there is a GRN/YEL wire that communicates with both the driver door power window as well as the door ajar sensor. Checking this wire out further revealed that I was not getting continuity through from end to end. As a test, I jumpered both sides of this wire with a new piece that I spliced in. Instantly, everything came back to life and now I am having no issues. I'm not sure how this individual wire could be the only one that was damaged, but hopefully its not a sign of things to come in the future. I'm attaching a screenshot from Alldata that shows the circuit I'm talking about.

GRNYEL Wire.png

CoolDad

Reaction score
I figured out the problem and thought I would at least share my results in case someone else runs into the same issue. Looking at the schematic a little further this evening revealed that there is a GRN/YEL wire that communicates with both the driver door power window as well as the door ajar sensor. Checking this wire out further revealed that I was not getting continuity through from end to end. As a test, I jumpered both sides of this wire with a new piece that I spliced in. Instantly, everything came back to life and now I am having no issues. I'm not sure how this individual wire could be the only one that was damaged, but hopefully its not a sign of things to come in the future. I'm attaching a screenshot from Alldata that shows the circuit I'm talking about.

View attachment 1797
Thanks for the follow up. We'll probably help someone in the future.

william.matsenjr

Reaction score
I just recently started having this same issue. I did the basic T/S and narrowed it down to a lack of data coms from the BCM. I purchased a new BCM from the dealership and had them program it to my 2019 LT, but that did not fix my issue. Where was the wiring in your vehicle damaged? Perhaps this is also my issue, and a simple repair is something I am all about...lol

Thank you again for this post, I was about to spend my whole 4th testing wires.

Members online