dolly towing a 2023 behind class A motorhome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JMac55

Reaction score
I got the same answer from my dealer. We towed it once to the campground and when we went to leave the brakes kept locking up. I ended up driving the car home and my husband drove the RV. We tried your idea with the fob and it worked for the first leg of the trip with no stops. Then after that it quit working so we just disconnected the battery cable. Now I feel to be safe you have to disconnect the battery. I see there have been like three revisions to the manual but I have not been contacted by Chevy yet! There are several formal complaints filed against GM for the misinformation and poor communication. I was sent this bulletin by another Equinox owner. (see the attachment)
Thanks for the reply. Clearly, we must disconnect the negative terminal. At least my purchase of a setting saver when I thought I was going to tow my Acura isn't wasted.

bearbait

Reaction score
I do believe they make a battery cable end that can be switched off and on. Much easier than disconnecting cable each time.

Members online