Chevy Equinox noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Inility

Reaction score
I am currently running into an issue with my Chevy Equinox, no check engine light and no visible damage , however I keep getting this clicking Nosie that appears to get louder as I rev the engine . The RPM's stay the same and no sign of lost power. I checked connectors and all appear to be snug . Any assistance would be appericiated .
I have a video of the noise .

Inility

Reaction score
I am currently running into an issue with my Chevy Equinox, no check engine light and no visible damage , however I keep getting this clicking Nosie that appears to get louder as I rev the engine . The RPM's stay the same and no sign of lost power. I checked connectors and all appear to be snug . Any assistance would be appericiated .
When I pop the hood it appears to be coming from the top right (facing steering wheel)

NOX4ME

Reaction score
I have the same noise. As far as I can tell, the noise is either coming from the VVT solenoids, or the high pressure fuel pump. The Chevy dealer has been no help at all with this. The best thing to do is isolate the noise with a large screwdriver placed in the area of the noise and placing your ear against the screwdriver, or purchasing an automotive stethoscope then trying the same procedure.

SYDNESB

Reaction score
I have the same noise. As far as I can tell, the noise is either coming from the VVT solenoids, or the high pressure fuel pump. The Chevy dealer has been no help at all with this. The best thing to do is isolate the noise with a large screwdriver placed in the area of the noise and placing your ear against the screwdriver, or purchasing an automotive stethoscope then trying the same procedure.
Check the oil level, they do burn oil. Timing chain may have slipped or stretched and hitting the timing cover. Change oil every 3k miles.

ricklack

Reaction score
Almost sounds like an idler pulley or other bearing (alternator, water pump, etc). Use the screwdriver/ stethoscope method suggested above to isolate.

Staff online

Members online