Check engine light..erg valve?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrigmar

Reaction score
I have 2018 diesel equinox. Check engine light had come on, dealer says erg valve and cooler replace. Started with erg valve...friend performing ....almost fully clogged, cleaned out , light went off but later back on. Is this a common problem?

spaycace

Reaction score
I think you mean EGR valve ... and it does seem to be a common problem. If you check the Cruzetalk forum, there are a few posts about that for the Gen 2 diesels (which I own one of those too) which have the same 1.6L diesel. I have begun to clean it up every oil change. When my Cruze was nearing limp mode after a code appeared for emissions related problem, I decided to pull off the road and removed every fuse, relay, etc. associated with the emissions system and every BCM relay ... waited about 20 seconds, the re-inserted them all. I had quite a few new codes to clear, but the lights went off, and have yet to come back on after nearly 1,000 miles of driving. Might not be the best method, but it's worked out so far.

Wrigmar

Reaction score
I think you mean EGR valve ... and it does seem to be a common problem. If you check the Cruzetalk forum, there are a few posts about that for the Gen 2 diesels (which I own one of those too) which have the same 1.6L diesel. I have begun to clean it up every oil change. When my Cruze was nearing limp mode after a code appeared for emissions related problem, I decided to pull off the road and removed every fuse, relay, etc. associated with the emissions system and every BCM relay ... waited about 20 seconds, the re-inserted them all. I had quite a few new codes to clear, but the lights went off, and have yet to come back on after nearly 1,000 miles of driving. Might not be the best method, but it's worked out so far.
Yes, that be the one. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.