Check engine light 2013 Equinox

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

proudaunt

Reaction score
The check engine light came on in my 2013 Equinox and stayed on. I brought it to the shop. Of course, when they started the car, the light did not come on. They scanned it anyway and the mechanic said it showed a fuel system issue. He said it could be the fuel injectors or the fuel pump. I have an appointment to bring it in for a more thorough diagnosis. However, the light has since gone out. I am thinking it could have been an issue with the gas cap, but I am far from an expert when it comes to cars. I really don't want to pay for any expensive repairs if they aren't necessary. Should I keep the appointment, or is it unnecessary since the light has not come back on?

Baldy

Reaction score
I had this issue and I believe it was the gas cap. I filled up with gas that morning and about a half hour later the light came on. The first thing I checked was the gas cap and I did not tighten it correctly. Never had the problem again.

SYDNESB

Reaction score
The check engine light came on in my 2013 Equinox and stayed on. I brought it to the shop. Of course, when they started the car, the light did not come on. They scanned it anyway and the mechanic said it showed a fuel system issue. He said it could be the fuel injectors or the fuel pump. I have an appointment to bring it in for a more thorough diagnosis. However, the light has since gone out. I am thinking it could have been an issue with the gas cap, but I am far from an expert when it comes to cars. I really don't want to pay for any expensive repairs if they aren't necessary. Should I keep the appointment, or is it unnecessary since the light has not come back on?
What was the code, without it, can't even make a recommendation. Just because the light went out, doesn't mean there is no longer a problem.

NOX4ME

Reaction score
get a bottle of Red Line Complete Fuel System Cleaner. Wait until you're down to 1/4 tank then pour it in. Fill the tank with a good, Top Tier Fuel then drive the vehicle; turnpike/freeway would be best where you can stomp the accelerator more than once. Then drive normally. It should clear up your situation. I've gone through this more than once and it's cured the condition every time. And it's the least expensive thing to try.

Members online

No members online now.