Cargo Carrier..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
Yeah I know that this is about towing but has anyone used a cargo carrier on their Equinox?

Whenever we go on trips we always have to lug around our dog cages for the boys. Being that we have leather I don't like putting them between the front seats and the back.

So I am looking for an alternative here...

I can either strap them to a cargo carrier that gets towed by the receiver or get the cargo carrier brackets for the luggage rack..

I dont know which way I am going here but just want to see what others might do here...

DSC03662.jpg

jsulen

Reaction score
I'm looking into a car top cargo carrier to buy for my Black 2LT (haven't taken delivery yet). I really like the Yakima brand, but they are pretty expensive. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aerodynamic carrier, and what's the maximum length I can get without it looking ridiculous on my roof?

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
I'm looking into a car top cargo carrier to buy for my Black 2LT (haven't taken delivery yet). I really like the Yakima brand, but they are pretty expensive. Does anyone have a recommendation for an aerodynamic carrier, and what's the maximum length I can get without it looking ridiculous on my roof?

Since that's the same as mine it should have the Rack rails already installed like this...

QA-RR50160.jpg

And then really all you would need to add would be the cross members...

chevrolet-equinox-roof-rack-cross-rail-package-1.jpg

At www.gmpartsdirect.com via part #19202488 These will cost you about $115 and tach on shipping...

Installed it will look like this...

6280-124-roof-rack-props-480.jpg

Do you think you could use this or do you need something more extreme... I know that there are accessories to use these crossmembers to accomodate bikes or whatever...

Camaro69car

Reaction score
For my 120lb Yellow lab, I use a sling for the back seat, and rest his kennel behind the back portion of the 2 front seats. with some shipping blankets for protection. works good.

equilover

Reaction score
I bought my Surco Roof Rack from 4 Wheel Online. They are very durable.

Dwoods

Reaction score
Very impressed with 2018 Equinox Premiure model built in tow package, roof rack and tie down hook on front for adapting Thule Cargo Carrier and Yakima Kayak Carrier as well as receiver bike rack..drove from Mesa Arizona to Winnipeg Canada over 3 days with setup..made for this type of travel! That's a 14 foot tandem kayak on vehicle.

Attachments

• 20180422_060217_crop_597x597-507x507.jpg
    20180422_060217_crop_597x597-507x507.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 2

Members online

No members online now.