Car phone holder options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fla_Panther

Reaction score
Hi all, new member. Just bought a 2011 Equinox. Along with the new ride I thought I'd upgrade my phone and start using it as a GPS ... but I'm having trouble finding a mounting system that'll work the way I'd like it to. If anyone would be so kind, I wouldn't mind seeing pics of other peoples' solutions.

So far the best option I've found is this mounting bracket but once that's in I'm not sure how to attach to it.

Here are my thoughts in regards to the other options I've seen ... you can tell me if I'm right or wrong

• I don't want to use an AC vent mount because I live in FL and can use all the AC I can get.
  • I don't like the idea of a suction cup because I'm not fond of limiting my field of view.
  • I've seen adjustable snake-neck mounts that could plug into the cigarette lighter and that might be an option but I'd like to keep that area open ... it would be handy to be able to put stuff there.

That leaves me with the mount I linked to above. Thoughts? Comments?

3fingers

Reaction score
I was able to buy a Ram cellphone holder from 4 wheel online. Actually its for my bike, but was able to install it perfectly with my equinox.

dietz4ibanez

Admin
Reaction score
What phone do you have? Some phone manufactures make their own GPS mounts that you can use for your device.

That being said, my phone is big enough to stand it upright in the opening below the climate control center. Works perfectly for me.

3fingers

Reaction score
Diet is correct in asking what phone model you have that would also be a great start to look for a specific car holder.

equilover

Reaction score
The Exogear ExoMount is worth the price. Got mine from Amazon.

Members online

No members online now.